(Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here. But if you've never heard this song, you've likely just woken up from a coma.)
- This video begins with Adele and her flip phone. Is your cell phone a simple or a smart phone? It's a smart phone (an iPhone 6). I don't actually know anyone that still has a simple phone. They either have a smart phone or no cell phone at all (like my grandma, who relies solely on a landline).
- As soon as her cell is fully charged, Sam disconnects the adapter from the outlet to save electricity. Are you careful about conserving energy? In some ways. For example, I always turn off any light that I'm not directly using, and I don't run water longer than I need it. But I am guilty of leaving electronics charging (laptop, cell phone, etc.) even when they're fully charged. Usually when I'm asleep.
- Adele sings that she must have a called a thousand times but her former lover never picked up. Think about the last call you made. Did you get through? Did you leave a voice mail? Or did you just hang up? The last call I made was, believe it or not, on Tuesday, to return a call from my friend Chelsea. She picked up and we talked for a couple minutes to solidify some dinner plans we made that night. Sadly, we live in a world of texting now so I don't really talk on the phone that often, at least for an extended period of time.
- Adele brews a cup of tea in the video. How often do you drink tea? Year round? Only in winter? Never? All the time, all year round. I drank a ton of hot tea with lemon and honey last week because I was battling a cold, but I favour iced tea at restaurants and get bubble tea at least three times a week (it's become a pretty bad habit). I drink more hot tea in the winter, of course, and I sometimes get chai lattes in lieu of coffee.
- Adele told Glamour magazine she like two sugars in her tea. Do you watch your sugar intake? Not really. I probably should, but I don't. My sugar intake is usually from drinks and fruit, but I don't go overboard. I don't eat a lot of candy or sweets, either; the occasional dessert after dinner but it's not often. What I should really watch is my sodium intake because I love salt...
- This song is about reaching out to someone and extending an apology. When is the last time you said, "I'm sorry"? Today? I say "sorry" all the time, but mostly out of politeness (I am Canadian, after all) than out of truly needing to apologize.
- Adele was a heavy smoker who enjoyed the habit and didn't quit until 2015, after doctors convinced her it contributed to her chronic throat problems. What's something you know you should do for your health? Quit smoking. And I am reminded all the damn time.
- Even though she is one of the world's highest-earning entertainers, she recently had her credit card rejected while shopping at H&M. She admits she was "mortified." Have you ever experienced that moment at the counter when your card was rejected? Yeah, trying to buy smokes with my debit card right after I paid some bills on the same day my car payment went through. I paid cash in the end, but still, it was quite embarrassing.
- Random question: When you were a kid, did you keep a neat or messy bedroom? Honestly, my bedroom was actually neater when I was a kid/teen than it is now. I was very OCD about organization. But we also had a housekeeper until I was like, 15, so even if I was a very naturally messy person, my room wouldn't have reflected that.