Menchie's

on
Saturday, February 5, 2011

So Mary had mentioned a delightful new frozen yogurt chain called Menchie's, and I was like, "Must. Try. Now." So after our dinner at Duff's yesterday, Shawn and I went next door to Menchie's for dessert. Upon reading about it, I thought it might be another version of Pinkberry. Okay, so the difference is that at Menchie's, you get to create your entire dessert, from flavour of frozen yogurt to toppings, and control the amount of both. Like a dessert bar. And they charge you by weight instead of by cup size and amount of toppings, like at Pinkberry. What I like better at Pinkberry is the different types of fruit they have as toppings, to give a bit more variety. But that might be the only thing I like more about Pinkberry, since Menchie's has more frozen yogurt flavours (that rotate by day) and infinitely more toppings as well.


I ended up getting the Cupcake flavoured frozen yogurt (seriously, tastes exactly like a vanilla cupcake... I'm not sure how this differs from their Angel Food Cake flavour, but it was excellent), and added mini mochi balls, cookie dough bits, mini marshmallows, chocolate macaroons, Reese's Pieces, and a few Gummi Bears (that I ate separately, 'cause it didn't really go with the other flavours). You can totally go overboard with your toppings here, 'cause it's exactly like being a kid in a candy store, except with frozen yogurt (!). Was it good? You bet it was. There's honestly nothing not to like here. And two giant cups of frozen yogurt came to around $12, which is in line with most frozen yogurt places. I will definitely be going back.
3 comments on "Menchie's"
  1. Yippee! I'm so glad you got to try it! Aren't those mochi bits heavenly?!? Yummm-O!

    Haven't tried their Cupcake yogurt.. Wonder if it's anything like Cake Batter.
    Did they have Peanut Butter? That shit's like crack, yo!

    And they didn't have fruits there? The one at Bloor had strawberries, kiwi, and grapes.

    There's also this place called "Juicy Babes" (don't know why they named it like that 'cuz it sounds so boww-chika-woww-wowww) on Yonge St. just south of Finch and they have a lot of fruits. Very minimal yogurt flavours and other toppings, but it goes the job when my bf and I are too lazy to drive downtown or to Maple for Menchies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mochi bits are the best! They used to be a "secret topping" at Pinkberry, but they made it regular because a lot of people kept ordering it and they figured it wasn't a secret anymore, lol. :P

    I have a feeling the Cupcake flavour might be the same as the Cake Batter one. I have no idea, but it's pretty damn awesome!

    No fruits when I was there, but to be fair, we went at like, 10:30pm and they close at midnight. So maybe they didn't bother refilling the fruits so late?

    I may have to check out Juicy Babes (lol!). But I actually live closer to Menchie's than Juicy Babes. Though I may check it out when I'm in the city...! Oh, man, thanks for introducing me to Menchie's, it was DELIGHTFUL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I think that's why. I guess whatever does not get used goes to the trash bin, anyway, so why bother refilling them.

    And you're so welcome!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9