Illamasqua Lipsticks

on
Monday, December 5, 2011

Along with the Tarte blushes, Mary very kindly picked me up an Illamasqua lipstick (in Box) as well, so in light of this, I thought I would dedicate a post to Illamasqua lipsticks, since I haven't really done a full swatch/review of them. Illamasqua is a British brand that, for whatever reason, is not available in Canada. It was released at some Sephora locations in the US last year, so if you're wondering where I've been getting them, it's been from the States. (However, Sephora does not ship Illamasqua to Canada from their website.) They do ship to Canada from their website now, but shipping costs £8.50 (plus duties!), and it takes anywhere from two to three weeks to arrive, so for now, I feel it's easier to pick up from the US (do look up Sephora locations where Illamasqua is available, though!). Each tube of lipstick contains 4 grams of product, comes in black glossy square packaging, and retails for $22 USD.

Box, Resist, Corrupt, Brink, Fable, and Climax

Box is a bright medium blue-based red in a matte finish. It goes on smoothly and evenly, with phenomenal pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It is similar to MAC Russian Red.

Resist is a medium berry pink with plum undertones in a matte finish. It goes on smoothly and evenly, with phenomenal pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It is similar to MAC Captive, perhaps a little brighter.

Corrupt is a bright medium blue-based passion pink in a matte finish. It goes on smoothly and evenly, with phenomenal pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It is similar to MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme in Love Forever!, perhaps a little brighter.

Brink is a bright medium coral-orange in a matte finish. It goes on smoothly and evenly, with phenomenal pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It is more orange than MAC Vegas Volt, and darker and brighter than MAC Ravishing.

Fable is a light peachy pink in a matte finish. It goes on smoothly and evenly, with phenomenal pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It is lighter and more peach than MAC Pink Plaid, more pink and opaque than Shy Girl, and more peach and opaque than MAC Creme Cup.

Climax is a medium dusty rose in a matte finish. It goes on smoothly and evenly, with phenomenal pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It is darker than MAC Faux, and cooler than MAC Cosmo.

These are some of the best matte lipsticks I've ever come across, really. They are colour-intense and highly pigmented, and are surprisingly non-drying for matte lipsticks. The texture actually reminds me a lot of MAC's Mattene: creamy and smooth. They have a very good wear time, perhaps six to eight hours. The brighter shades do stain the lip, making wear time appear longer as well. I swear, if Illamasqua ever came to Canada, I would go broke so fast. Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise that they're not here, then...
6 comments on "Illamasqua Lipsticks"
  1. I KNOW, RIGHT? I have over 100 lipsticks, but I am STILL tempted to buy more. ARGH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, move over, I'm going down too. These are ridiculously beautiful.

    Denise it's not about the number, it's all about the LOVE. And it is the love that prompts us to get all these gorgeous beauties. I just got one in the mail this morning, I can't help myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. D -- Haha, that will be my reason from now on when I'm feeling guilty for buying too many lipsticks/eyeshadows/blushes. ;) What can I say, I just have too much love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Box is so beautiful, I wanted to pick it up after swatching, but felt that it was too close to Russian Red.


    Brink is also wayyy pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is very similar to Russian Red, not gonna lie. But it's just so pretty! Oh, god, there are so many other shades I want... :(

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9