Baking Session: Lemon Cupcakes

on
Friday, February 17, 2012

I went over to Janetta's house around 9:00 tonight and, for some reason, was overcome with the urge to bake. Maybe because I know Janetta is really good at baking (and has all the tools at her house) and I would never, ever bake on my own, especially in my house. It was like, "Don't waste this opportunity!" We went to the supermarket to grab some ingredients, and somehow stayed up until 2:00 in the morning baking lemon cupcakes:

Getting our tools ready...

Measuring ingredients out...

Eggs!

Mix, mix, mix...

Pouring the batter into the muffin tin...

Baked, and ready to be frosted!

Taste test intermission...

On goes the cream cheese frosting and yellow sugar sprinkles...

Time to devour!

My camera totally ran out of battery about a quarter way through making these, so the pictures are taken with my Nikon 1 J1, my iPhone 4S, and Janetta's Nikon Coolpix 5100. But the cupcakes were fantastic! The cake was light and fluffy, and the frosting was rich and just sweet enough. Janetta and I agreed that they would've tasted just a bit better with some lemon juice to make them more tart, but they were still awesome as they were. We had enough batter to make 24 cupcakes, but decided to make 12 instead and make the rest into a poppy seed lemon loaf. Janetta and I ultimately decided to do a monthly baking meet-up, 'cause it's about time I work on those domestic skills.
7 comments on "Baking Session: Lemon Cupcakes"
  1. I ate half of the lemon poppy seed loaf...I'm not even kidding. Actually, here's a piece right beside me, lol.

    Make up and baking! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, man, I should've stayed to taste the lemon poppy seed loaf. :(

      I seriously had these cupcakes for lunch today. :P

      What shall we make next time?!

      Delete
    2. Think up some ideas! Better yet, make a baking list!
      Your mum was telling me how she had one of these with coffee. lol cute!

      Delete
  2. I'm finally going to do some cooking today (haven't for like 2-3 months) and now these are making me want to bake, too! Looks sooooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, what are you going to cook?! :D When I cook, it's like... eggs... grilled cheese... (instant) ramen... pasta with sauce from a jar... canned soup... Does this count as cooking? :P

      You should totally bake -- it's so much fun and if done right, SO DAMN TASTY! :D

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9