A-England Nail Varnish in Dragon

on
Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A-England's nail polishes have gotten a lot of hype on beauty blogs in the past year, and when I finally saw swatches of The Legend collection last month, I knew I wouldn't be able to resist much longer. Their products are, for whatever reason, not available in stores in Canada, so when I found out Llarowe shipped to Canada (for a really reasonable price, too!), I snatched up four shades. The first one I decided to try was Dragon.


Dragon is a medium-dark lush green with fine holographic shimmer, so it can appear to be warm or cool, depending on the lighting. In one angle, the shimmer will flash gold-bronze, and in another angle, it will flash teal-blue. In a word, amazing. This is seriously what I imagine dragon scales to look like, just like Mermaid's Dream was exactly what I imagined a mermaid tail's scales to look like. It is also one of the most unique colours I have ever seen in a nail polish, which is a huge feat considering the hundreds of thousands of shades out there (and the nearly 300 I have in my personal stash!). And, as if the colour wasn't amazing enough, the formula? Is one of the most phenomenal I have ever used. That is to say, the consistency is not too thin or thick, with no streaking or pulling or bubbling, and it is so richly pigmented that I have to quote the ever-eloquent Liz: "This is a one-coater, you guys!"
9 comments on "A-England Nail Varnish in Dragon"
  1. I love Dragon! It's one of my favourite shades ever.

    OK, now do you agree that the formula is amazing? I feel it even beats Chanel. It's so easy to work with.

    Really glad you got to try A-England :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree -- it's better than a lot of Chanel polishes I've tried. I mean, there are some Chanels are are phenomenal (Peridot, Graphite, etc.), but this one is on the same level as those, for sure. :)

      Ahhh, Fieran, I am afraid I am going to buy the entire collection!!! :(

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I am really in love with their formulas as it takes me like half the time to paint my nails than it would take for other formulas.

      The Order of the Garter is tempting me. Ascalon is beautiful. I was also looking at Lady of The Lake and Tristam :)

      Delete
    3. I ordered the China Glaze The Hunger Games nail polishes yesterday, so that is my nail polish binge for the week... But I am going to order five more polishes from A-England: Tristam, Lady of the Lake, Order of the Garter, Princess Tears, and Princess Sabra. :)

      I pretty much want all of A-England's nail polishes...

      Delete
    4. Those are pretty colours. I am waiting for you to try out Ascalon and Bridal Veil. I love Bridal Veil as it's got these coppery bits in it that are just awesome.

      Delete
  2. One coat??! Whoa. That's quite an amazing feat for a nail polish brand. How much did it cost to ship?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From Llarowe, it's $3.30 for the first polish, and $0.78 for each additional bottle. So for me, the total was $5.64, which is really not that bad! You need to check them out, for suresies!! :)

      Delete
  3. HAHAHA! Thanks for the shout out. ;D

    Dragon is on my list along with St. George and Bridal Veil. You got those as well, right? It looks amazing and I'm going to wander off now into a dragon frenzy as I've ordered S1 of Game of Thrones and there's a chick in there who's trying to hatch dragon eggs. (It's more serious and dramatic than my "eloquent" wording just made it sound.)

    Anyway, yeah, isn't a-England fab??? LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I got Dragon, St. George, Bridal Veil, and Ascalon. :D

      LOL, "there's a chick in there who's trying to hatch dragon eggs." It sounds like really serious business, for sure.

      I think I want to read the Song of Ice and Fire books before watching Game of Thrones, though everyone's hyping up the TV show right now. Argh, so many books, so little time...

      And yes, I LOVE A-ENGLAND!!! :D

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9