A Little Dinner Party

on
Thursday, April 19, 2012
On a whim, Wynnie decided to invite us over for dinner at her house tonight. Wynnie, Ben, and Ronsee were in charge of cooking (and grocery shopping and grilling and basically planning everything), and I am not one to say no to a dinner invite in which I get to eat and do none of the work. A sampling of the food we consumed:

Homemade guacamole (served with chips but also amazing with meat!)

Caprese salad (basil, tomatoes, and buffalo mozzarella)

A German-style potato salad

Bacon-wrapped shrimp with melted mozzarella (!!!)

Also from the barbeque: chicken skewers, juicy beef ribs, and chicken wings. (No pictures from the grill, 'cause it was too dark and I refuse to use flash.) Add to this a homemade BBQ sauce made with bacon and caramelized onions (courtesy of Ben, of course, who doesn't need a reason to add bacon to anything), and it was the perfect impromptu dinner party.
8 comments on "A Little Dinner Party"
  1. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, they all look amazing! I need some bacon-wrapped shrimp w/ mozzarella RIGHT NOW. It's like all my favourite things all wrapped up in one tidy bundle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, you redesigned!!!! Looks great and very pro. Is it custom or Blogger?

      Delete
    2. Haha, I totally came up with the GENIUS idea of bacon-wrapped shrimp with cheese, because they, too, are my favourite things. :D We decided to call them "Bacon-Fucked Shrimp," lol. THEY ARE AS GOOD AS THEY LOOK! :D

      Delete
    3. Oh, and yes, I decided to change my template. It's Blogger, for sure -- I definitely don't have the time/patience to make my own dynamic layout, lol. But thanks! :) I thought it was about time for a re-vamp.

      Delete
  2. OMG @ the Caprese salad. How can a few slices of tomatoes, some basil and fresh mozzarella taste SOOOO good?!? And I LOVEEEE avocado! I'm so jelly of you having a chefy friendsies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know, right?! It was my first time having Caprese salad! I kept looking at photos on food blogs of this salad and I told Ben I really wanted to try it someday, so he made it just for me. :D

      Avocado is basically the only reason I would contemplate being vegetarian...

      Haha, technically, only Ben is a certified chef, but luckily, he's my BFF. :) I can't wait until my birthday, 'cause he will cook me an EPIC multi-course meal. :D :D :D

      Delete
    2. Damn you, Denise. Damn you.... *shakes fist*

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9