Topshop Haul: Nail Lacquers, Powder Blushes, and Lipsticks

on
Sunday, April 1, 2012

One of the main reasons Mary and I decided to meet up at Yorkdale on Friday was because it is the only location in Toronto that has a full Topshop store (located in The Bay). I never thought much about Topshop for their clothing or accessories (though, now having seen some of the stuff in person, I might be tempted to pick up a few things...), but many of their make-up products are continually raved about on YouTube and on beauty blogs, so I wanted to check them out for myself. I was tempted to order some things from their website, but shipping to Canada is ridiculously expensive and they only offer free shipping with purchases of £100 or more (I just didn't want to spend a fortune on products that I had never seen in real life before). Because I don't live near Yorkdale (and I only seem to go there about once a year), the idea of actually buying anything from Topshop was put on the back burner. But on Friday, I finally got the chance to check out Topshop and their make-up line. After many swatches and much debate, I ended up getting:

Nail Lacquer in Minted, Green Room, and Celestial

Powder Blushes and Lipsticks (box packaging)

Powder Blushes and Lipsticks (container packaging)

Powder Blush in Pop and Powdered

Lipstick in Mischief and Confession

You know, had I not swatched their products in-store, I would probably have bought Topshop's make-up for the packaging alone. It's just too damn cute to resist! Luckily, their make-up is fantastic quality as well, and comes in tons of different colours (actually quite a lot more than they offer online!). Had I not put a cap on my spending this week, I probably would have bought a lot more. (Side note: If you have a valid student ID card, you get 10% off your Topshop purchases, excluding cosmetics.) I will likely stop by the New York flagship when I'm there in April, though. Hopefully, they'll have lower retail prices along with the lower retail tax rate! Reviews and swatches of these products will be posted soon!
8 comments on "Topshop Haul: Nail Lacquers, Powder Blushes, and Lipsticks"
  1. Darn, had I known that Topshop cosmetics got the "Denise" seal of approval, I'd have hauled these when I saw them in the UK. I wasn't sure how good they were so I didn't get 'em.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quality of their make-up is surprising. I wasn't sure if I should trust the make-up from a "high street" brand that is more focused on their clothing/accessories/fashion, but then I thought... don't all designer brands do that? Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Burberry, Dior, YSL, Guerlain? I suppose the closest comparison by price point would be Victoria's Secret, whose make-up is supposed to be quite good as well! :) I don't know if EVERYTHING is great at Topshop (I do love their blushes and lipsticks, but I haven't tested the eye products, for example), but it's definitely worth checking out!

      But you can always order online, no? Shipping must be less within Europe...

      Delete
    2. I've never tried Victoria's Secret either but I do have a perfume from them that the bf got me awhile back.

      I shall look around the next time I'm in UK. I haven't felt like buying anything online lately, not sure why. I'm trying to take advantage of that feeling for awhile :)

      Delete
    3. Lol, the only things I own from Victoria's Secret are bras. :P I have heard good things about their bath/body/cosmetics, though. Thank god I don't live near a store...

      It's funny, I ALWAYS feel like buying things online but I have to refrain myself. :( Makes me sad, 'cause online window shopping is the WORST.

      Delete
  2. We have Topshop at pretty much every mall here in Manila but none of them carry their makeup line :( I LOVE Topshop but it's soooo bloody expensive!

    Cheerio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL @ Cheerio!

      It's so weird that Topshop doesn't carry their make-up in the stores over there. I think we only have one full Topshop store in Toronto, and I'm pretty sure it carries everything... I didn't actually look at anything else besides the make-up and the socks (which were on sale for 3 for $12, so I obviously had to buy some), so I'm not sure how much the prices are. Though, from what I see on their website, their stuff is really quite expensive. It's weird how their make-up is really well-priced, though ($13 for a blush, $17 for a lipstick -- I just found it weird that their lipsticks were more expensive than their blushes!!!). You can always order online, though. ;)

      Delete
    2. Yeah their clothes are SUPER expensive! We have a lot of British Brands here - more than american brands. We have Dorothy Perkins, warehouse and soon miss selfridge! Kinda excited! I want H&M to open here though!

      Delete
    3. It's weird that you guys get so many British brands and we don't -- Canada's a Commonwealth nation! :P Hell, Queen Elizabeth II is on our $20 bills! BOOOOO.

      Dorothy Perkins is sold at The Bay locations here, though I've never heard of Warehouse. It's exciting that you'll be getting Selfridge's, though! More pricey things, lol. I'm REALLY surprised you guys don't have an H&M, though. They're all over here! I used to really like H&M, but I rarely go in there anymore. Even though they have a lot of cute, trendy things for cheap prices, the quality is just terrible. I don't think I've ever owned anything from H&M that didn't somehow fall apart or split at the seam within three months of owning it.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9