Friday Five: Travel

on
Friday, May 11, 2012
This week's Friday Five:
  1. If you could get on a plane tomorrow, where would you go for a week? Where would you go for a month? For a week, I would go to London, England. For a month, I would go to Tokyo, Japan.
  2. Where do you want most to return to? Japan.
  3. What was your most memorable meal or drink while traveling? At Jean Georges in New York, October 2010.
  4. What is the most breathtaking view in your city? How about from your travels? I would say the view from the observation deck on the CN Tower would be the most breathtaking view in my city. From my travels, there have been tons, but I would say the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in the Vatican City takes the cake.
  5. What's the most touristy thing you’ve done? Oh, I've done tons of touristy things. Most recently, I guess it would have to be going up the Empire State Building.
4 comments on "Friday Five: Travel"
  1. What do you like about Japan? I never wanted to go there because of their history with Korea, but when I had that stopover at Tokyo during Christmas, they had signs up in both Korean AND Japanese. It made me thaw out a little. Then all the cutesy stuff at the duty free shops just about slayed me.

    For one week, I'd go to NYC because I think a week's pretty good for a city city - and your trip made me want to go back there really badly. For a month, I'd chill at a beach in Hawaii and forget about Toronto and its dreariness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I love the culture! They have history with China, too, which is why my dad's not too fond of Japan (my family refuses to drive Japanese cars, lol). But I love it there. The people are ridiculously polite and they have the most absurdly cute/gorgeous things. And THE FOOD. Kyoto is really beautiful, too -- it's like time hasn't passed there, and there are still geisha walking around. Amazing!

      Haha, NYC is the best for a week, actually. I picked London because I've never been there and I'm fascinated by the culture there. :) I would want to visit Hawaii once in my life just because it's so pretty there and I've heard the food is amazing... but islands/beaches are never my first choice for any destination because I'm not too fond of the sun/heat. And I'm much more of a city person. :)

      Delete
  2. I ate at Jean Georges during my last trip to New York! It was definitely an experience, but a little sophisticated for my palette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, indeed, it's very sophisticated, but if given the opportunity, I would go again. I mean, I love my cheap eats, but as you said, fine dining is a (wonderful!) experience. :) My goal is to eat at Per Se one day!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9