NYC — Spring 2012: Trump Soho

on
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Last week, I went to New York with my mom to visit my brother (and eat and shop, of course). My brother, being the generous dude that he is, booked our hotel for us and decided on the Trump Soho, which is a ridiculously gorgeous place in a beautiful neighbourhood. As of right now, Trump Soho is probably the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at in my life.

The entrance from the outside

Stealthily took a picture of part of the lobby

A plate of macarons (chocolate, hazelnut, strawberry) to greet us in our room

Along with some delightful chocolates

The desk with a flatscreen TV and a serious-looking phone

The insanely plush bed that I totally jumped on shortly after taking this

The seating area by the most amazing view

The aforementioned amazing view of midtown from our room

An amazing view of Soho from our room

The bathroom (a.k.a. the room by which I judge all hotel standards by)

Yep, it's definitely fancypants

The Spa at Trump toiletries smell ridiculously good

The "minibar" that includes a Nespresso machine and a bottle of Kate Somerville Quench Serum

Truffles in cute little boxes on the bedside tables

Total celebrity sightings at the hotel: Rachel Zoe and Cobie Smulders (you can see the photo I snapped of her on my Instagram here — seriously one of the most gorgeous women I've ever seen in real life). Apparently, the cast of The Avengers was staying at my hotel for the Tribeca Film Festival (perhaps Rachel Zoe was there to style some of them?), though, much to my dismay, I missed Thor (a.k.a. the main reason I will watch this movie). Also, Justin Bieber was randomly staying there. At least, according to the hoards of paparazzi and teenage fan girls (and boys, actually) crowding the entrance. Yet, despite all the hoopla, it was still the bathroom that told me I was staying at a fancypants hotel.


Trump Soho New York
246 Spring Street
New York, NY 10013
(212) 965-0008
10 comments on "NYC — Spring 2012: Trump Soho"
  1. cobie is canadian too! :D #canadapride

    http://www.tseparfait.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, she is, indeed! When I heard Justin Bieber was staying there, too, I was like, "Maybe Canadians just love it here..."

      Delete
  2. Totes reminded me of: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/68588945.html
    Like... YOU COULD HAVE MET THOR. lol

    That tub looks perfect for bubble bathing. I would have locked myself in there for a couple hours! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't know how sad I am about not seeing Thor. :( Like, WE COULD HAVE BEEN ON THE SAME FLOOR.

      I totally wanted to and my mom was like, "No, it's not clean." And I'm like, "Uh, it's a five-star hotel, mom, I think they clean the bathtubs." And she was like, "No."

      That was basically how the bath convo ended...

      Delete
    2. Clearly your mom hasn't had a LUSH bath!

      Delete
    3. LOL, I don't think my mother has EVER taken a bath. At least, after the age of four. :P

      To be fair, you could have said the same thing about me about three months ago...

      Delete
  3. This hotel is unreal! Macarons? Kate Somerville?? Tell me you also ran and bounced into that cushy wall above your bed. The only thing I don't like about your room is that awful telephone - it's the same one I have to use at work. (It's a great phone but I don't like anything associated with work elsewhere!)

    I'm so glad you had such a great trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I TOTALLY DID BOUNCE OFF THAT CUSHY WALL!!!

      Haha, my brother said the same thing. He came into the room and was like, "Hey, these are the same phones we use at work." I think that was the only thing I didn't touch, actually...

      And thank you, I had so much fun, I'm totally depressed that I'm back. There were so many more things I wanted to do. :( Like eat at Shake Shack... :(

      Delete
  4. Denise. I have no words. You had such an INCREDIBLE trip!!!! I'm totally jealous in a motivated-to-go-back way. I thought our Conrad hotel was really, really nice (the new one by the Hudson River) but yours was amazing. Topped off with the celebrities - so cool that you saw Robin Scherbatsky! Cobie Smulders is beautiful. I just saw The Avengers this past week and loved it. I'd see it again. First time seeing Thor, too, since I hadn't seen the movie.

    It's like you had one of those chinese bus tour vacations, completely jam-packed with activities, except you did way better stuff. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know, even looking back at these posts makes me sad and longing to go back. :( I really wanted to yell, "SCHERBATSKY!!!" at Cobie Smulders, but thought it might be a little unbecoming with so many people around...

      Our hotel was really just the decadent cherry on top of a most delicious sundae. :)

      I watched The Avengers this past week as well! I AM IN LOVE WITH THOR. Chris Hemsworth is god-like. (Har-dee-har-har.)

      LOL @ Chinese bus tours!!! Those are like, the worst 'cause you have to wake up SUPER EARLY and you can't run on your own schedule...

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9