Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Nomad

on
Monday, June 18, 2012

As I had mentioned a couple days ago, I made an order on Illamasqua's website recently and picked up several nail polishes along with a few lipsticks. Illamasqua's nail polishes are now available at Sephora in Canada, but this particular shade seemed to be sold out at every single location I'd checked (I was actually on the look out for it when I was in New York in April, and every Sephora there seemed to be sold out of this colour as well). Of course, from there, I got that "I have to have it" mentality, and getting it directly from Illamasqua seemed to be the only way to get one. Nomad is a new shade that was launched with their Human Fundamentalism collection for Spring 2012, but it will be added to Illamasqua's permanent line-up. Each nail polish contains 15 ml of product, and retails for £13.50 or $18.


Nomad is a medium bright seafoam green in a cream finish. It has a fluid consistency without being too thick or too runny. It goes on smoothly and evenly, without streaking, bubbling, or pulling. It has high pigmentation and will go nearly opaque in one coat, but two will make it perfect. It is more green than Essie's Turquoise & Caicos, brighter and more green than Gosh's Silky Mint, and darker than Nicole by OPI's My Lifesaver. Illamasqua makes my favourite nail polish formula to date — many brands have good formulas, but what Illamasqua succeeds in is consistency. I think I have about 12 polishes from them, and every single one of them has high pigmentation and applies smoothly and fluidly. And Nomad is pretty much the most perfect seafoam green polish I've ever seen and used. And coming from someone who has nearly 50 shades of green nail polish, that's really saying something.
6 comments on "Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Nomad"
  1. LOLing at your last sentence so much!!

    This is always sold out when I look for it, too. (Mostly at Bloor/Avenue Sephora and Eaton Centre Sephora.) I have one Illamasqua polish (Phallic) and it's glorious. So glad you can show this to us. I think this is a touch too bright for my liking but super fun to stare at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Phallic, too! It was one of my first Illamasqua polishes! I was obsessed with Viridian for a while, too. :D

      Natural lighting makes the polish look brighter than it actually is, I think. If you can wear Essie's Mojito Madness, you can definitely wear this. :) I may make an order at Illamasqua in the next couple days or so -- you want me to get anything for you?

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much but nah - really don't need any new makeup for a long while!

      Delete
    3. I figured you'd say that given your bans this year, lol. Thought I'd ask, anyway. :P

      Delete
  2. I only have one Illamasqua polish (sadly), but I totally agree with your assessment on the consistency - it's amazing!! I love this shade on you, it's funky and fabulous - but sadly these types of shades look so garish on my skintone, quite disappointing as I think they're terrific :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much! It's funny, I find that cool-toned nail polishes look so much better on me, whereas I think warmer colours like (certain) pinks and corals look terrible! Maybe it's all in our heads... :P

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9