Metric: Live at Sugar Beach

on
Monday, June 11, 2012
A bunch of us went down to Sugar Beach this evening to see a free performance by Metric in honour of their new album, Synthetica, which is being released tomorrow. They played five new songs from Synthetica and ended the night with "Monster Hospital" from Live It Out. As usual, they played flawlessly and Emily Haines is a goddess. And even though we had to stand in the rain for over an hour, their performance was entirely worth it.


I took two HD videos of them performing "Youth Without Youth" and "Synthetica," which are slowly uploading on Vimeo, but I will post them here as soon as they're done!
2 comments on "Metric: Live at Sugar Beach"
  1. I love when bands give free concerts to home cities. It's like their way of saying they haven't forgotten their humble roots. :)

    I would have liked to have gone if (a) I had known about it, (b) didn't have a shit tonne of work to do, and (c) hadn't fallen into a fever-induced coma for 15 hours as soon as I got home. @_@

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! :) And I love that Metric does this regularly. I remember a couple years ago, they had a free performance at Union Station, and it was mayhem. They closed off Front Street for three hours! It was a much smaller area this time around (Sugar Beach is across the street from Kool Haus/The Guvernment), so it was more intimate, but better because we could hear everything clearly and I could actually see the stage (I usually can't due to my shortness).

      :( It was a lot of fun, but it was raining the entire time, anyway, so it's probably not good if you had a fever-induced coma (?!?!). I will put videos up here so you can see them perform a couple songs. :)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9