Canadian National Exhibition: Summer 2012

on
Thursday, August 30, 2012
Given that The Ex is only open for two weeks of the year, and I just worked seven days in a row and am leaving for New York tomorrow, today was the only day I could find time to go. Now, let me be clear: My friends and I do not go to The Ex for the midway games or rides or even the exhibitions. We go to eat the most unique, most disgusting, and most fattening foods we can find there. That's just how we roll. Here, our journey at the The Ex this evening:

The Midway

Classic ferris wheel shot

"Nutella BBBLT" from Bacon Nation: Two pieces of back bacon, eight strips of bacon, lettuce, and tomato on white bread with Nutella spread

Deep-fried beer-battered bacon-wrapped hot dog on a stick with BBQ sauce from Bacon Nation

Deep-fried beer-battered bacon-wrapped hot dog innards

The chocolate eclair hot dog from Maple Lodge Farms

"Fry'd" from Pull'd: Fries with pulled pork, gravy, and sour cream

Krispy Kreme doughnut cheeseburger from Epic Burgers and Waffles

Deep-fried Oreos

Deep-fried Oreo innards

The classic deep-fried Mars Bar

Deep-fried butter balls

How am I even alive right now?

Anyway, I'm going to New York for the long weekend! Be back next Tuesday.


Canadian National Exhibition
100 Princes' Boulevard
Toronto, ON M6K 3C3
(416) 393-6300
12 comments on "Canadian National Exhibition: Summer 2012"
  1. I went to the CNE yesterday! I didn't eat any of the food, but thanks to your pictures, I JUST FEASTED WITH MY EYES.
    ....lol

    Have *fun* in NYC! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOW DID YOU GO TO CNE AND NOT EAT ANYTHING?

      Delete
    2. lol, I'm trying something...new?
      I seriously felt wheezie looking and smelling all of that fried stuff. Especially because it was hot and sunny and to be honest, I brought a really good pork sandwich.
      WHAT'S HAPPENED TO ME!!??

      Delete
    3. Uh... you BROUGHT a sandwich to the Ex?

      Wait a second. Did you go to look at the exhibitions or something ridiculous like that?

      Delete
  2. how did u eat everything....
    i ate a bite of the mars bars and i was full LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went with my guy friends, that's how. ;)

      And you need to prepare your appetite to go to CNE! Like, more frequent meals but smaller portions... snack and don't get hungry... you know, the usual "dieting" tips, lol.

      Delete
  3. But what did they taste like???

    I never go to the EX but now I want to just for the food. The last time I was there, it seemed like such a waste to give money to a guy who had a heck of a hard time trying to guess the ages of five East Asians (I told him to add 8-10 years to all his guesses) and to throw baseballs at plates to smash when I could smash things at home for free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Nutella BBBLT was overwhelmed by the Nutella. Not enough bacon-y taste because of it...

      The chocolate eclair hot dog overwhelmed my tastebuds. It was like, "SWEET AND COOL. HOT AND SALTY. SO CONFUSED." It was surprisingly not that bad, though...

      The pulled pork fries were AMAZING, very juicy and tender and BBQ-y... but tempered by the starchiness of the fries and the cool sour cream.

      The doughnut cheeseburger tastes kind of like... honey-glazed ham.

      LOL, the food is the ONLY reason I go to the CNE. Seriously, as if I'm going to pay more than $5 to go on any of the rides...

      Delete
  4. Hahaha I loved this post!! Totally shameless honesty in your intro. I don't know how you're not 100 pounds heavier. You eat like a champ. The way I eat, I too should be obese... I'll have to be happy with not-skinny as I enjoy fried goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, trust me, I am not skinny at all. But agreed, I DO eat like a champ... ;)

      OH GOD I LOVE THE EX. :D

      Delete
  5. What the...???? I have never even imagined in my wildest dreams food like this. MUST TRY!! I don't think we have such an event here in Hali, which is too bad because I also eat like a champ and this would be the BEST. EVER.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, OH YES. You should totally come to Toronto during the last two weeks of August just to go to The Ex. 'Cause where else are you going to get a chocolate eclair hot dog?

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9