MAC Cremesheen + Pearl: Lipsticks

on
Monday, August 20, 2012

I've been really behind on my beauty posts this month. I've found myself actually enjoying summer and being outside (on patios, not in nature), so I apologize if it's seemed as if I've been neglecting this blog. A couple weeks ago, MAC released a new extension collection called Cremesheen + Pearl, which features eight new shades of Cremesheen lipstick and seven new shades of Cremesheen Glass, all of which will become part of MAC's permanent line-up (!). MAC describes Cremesheen lipsticks as "superior colours with rich creamy texture… while natural conditioning agents lock in moisture for a soft cushion and comfort. Light reflecting pearls add amazing high shine and shimmer." MAC's lipsticks are vanilla-scented, but taste-free. Each lipstick comes in regular black packaging, contains 3 grams of product, and retails for $18. These shades are applicable for the Back To MAC recycling program at all locations.

Japanese Maple, Pure Zen, Shanghai Spice, and Peach Blossom

Japanese Maple, Pure Zen, Shanghai Spice, and Peach Blossom

Japanese Maple is a light peach-beige nude in a Cremesheen finish. It is a new and permanent shade. The texture is soft and creamy, and it goes on smoothly and evenly. It has medium pigmentation and semi-opaque colour pay-off. It is less pink than Hue, and darker than Creme d'Nude.

Pure Zen is a light-medium pink-peach nude in a Cremesheen finish. It is a new and permanent shade. The texture is soft and creamy, and it goes on smoothly and evenly. It has medium pigmentation and semi-opaque colour pay-off. It is slightly more pink than Shy Girl, and more peach than Peach Blossom.

Shanghai Spice is a medium warm browned pink-peach in a Cremesheen finish. It is a new and permanent shade. The texture is soft and creamy, and it goes on smoothly and evenly. It has medium pigmentation and semi-opaque colour pay-off. It is more peach than Jubilee, lighter and less brown than Tea Ceremony Sheen Supreme, and more brown than Bare Again Sheen Supreme.

Peach Blossom is a light-medium neutral pink in a Cremesheen finish. It is a new and permanent shade. The texture is soft and creamy, and it goes on smoothly and evenly. It has low-medium pigmentation and semi-sheer colour pay-off. It is cooler than Blossom Culture Sheen Supreme, lighter and warmer than Speed Dial, and more pink than Pure Zen.

Pink Pearl Pop, Sunny Seoul, Coral Bliss, and Saigon Summer

Pink Pearl Pop, Sunny Seoul, Coral Bliss, and Saigon Summer

Pink Pearl Pop is a medium blue-toned pink with subtle lilac-pink micro-shimmer in a Cremesheen finish. It is a new and permanent shade. The texture is soft and creamy, and it goes on smoothly and evenly. It has medium pigmentation and semi-opaque colour pay-off. It is lighter and much warmer than Lovelorn, brighter than Speed Dial, and cooler than Sunny Seoul.

Sunny Seoul is a medium yellow-toned pink with subtle white micro-shimmer in a Cremesheen finish. It is a new and permanent shade. The texture is soft and creamy, and it goes on smoothly and evenly. It has medium pigmentation and semi-opaque colour pay-off. It is warmer than Pink Pearl Pop, and lighter and warmer than Chatterbox.

Coral Bliss a medium soft pink-coral in a Cremesheen finish. It is a new and permanent shade. The texture is soft and creamy, and it goes on smoothly and evenly. It has medium-high pigmentation and nearly opaque colour pay-off. It is more pink than Ravishing and Fashion City Sheen Supreme, and slightly more orange than Blossom Culture Sheen Supreme.

Saigon Summer is a medium mandarin orange with subtle gold micro-shimmer in a Cremesheen finish. It is a new and permanent shade. The texture is soft and creamy, and it goes on smoothly and evenly. It has medium pigmentation and semi-opaque colour pay-off. It is darker and more orange than Ravishing, and much more subdued and less pink than Vegas Volt.

While I do feel like some of these shades fill in a gap in what MAC's permanent range was missing before, I felt like many of them are also really repetitive (for example, Pure Zen is almost an exact dupe of Shy Girl, in both colour and finish). MAC rarely adds any new shades to their classic lipstick range, so I'm just not sure why MAC decided not to bring back much more popular limited edition shades to make permanent. That aside, these shades will appeal more to the masses as they are more wearable in general, and the Cremesheen finish is a nice middle ground (they are typically more opaque than Lustre and Glaze finishes, and are more sheer than Amplified, Satin, and Matte finishes). I find them very comfortable to wear, and while not supremely hydrating, they don't leave my lips feeling dry. The wear time is around three to four hours on me with these shades. If you're a fan of the Cremesheen formula or you're looking for some fun, summery shades that aren't too bright, definitely take a look. Either way, you don't have to rush. They are permanent, after all.
8 comments on "MAC Cremesheen + Pearl: Lipsticks"
  1. Glad to hear they are permanent. I love Cremesheen glasses (but I always buy similar shades like Over Indulgence, Strictly Plutonic and Natural Flare)...they are great for my chapped lips in winter.

    There are so many new MAC collections coming out. Looking forward to your review of Styleseeker, but no pressure. Also curious to hear what you think about the pressed pigments that will be part of the Face and Body collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cremesheen Glasses are probably my favourite lip gloss formula of all time. They give just the right amount of colour and look good on their own and layered on top of lipsticks... and best of all, they're not sticky! And I agree, they are really the only gloss I've tried that keeps my lips feeling moisturized. :)

      Yes, I have most of the Styleseeker collection already. :) I will let you know about the pressed pigments when I get my hands on them!

      Delete
  2. So many pretty colours.
    They remind me of candy, love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they are really nice colours. Should fit into the permanent range quite nicely, though I wish they would add more matte shades as well!

      Japanese Maple and Pure Zen are right up your alley. :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE Saigon Summer!

    p.s. October sounds good...I guess :(. I know where we can go! Either Buffalo or Oakville or hamilton.


    Also, please don't let me keep you guys from going to Beerbistro! I'd love to join you both, but my schedule's just really packed right now. Actually, it's been absolutely insane this year. Something's always coming up! I'm so exhausted from all of it and just want to hibernate in my room for a month straight :-S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the four brighter colours, lol. I've been loving Coral Bliss with Floating Lotus Cremesheen Glass. :D

      Best part is, you can B2M for all of these shades ALL YEAR ROUND!

      Aww, it's okay, Mary. For some reason, I've been finding myself ridiculously busy as well. So much so, I actually find I've been really behind on my blog posts... at least with beauty releases. :P I've just been going out all the time, I'm barely at home... and when I am, it's to sleep, lol. No worries, we shall all try to meet up in October! It seems far away, but I swear September will fly by!

      Delete
  4. Shanghai Spice and Coral Bliss! Though they're all very very pretty. So glad these are permanent. :)

    And no worries on the meet-up. We'll go whenever we're all ready and in the proper frame of mind to enjoy good food. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and you can B2M for them! Let me know if you want MAC empties, I've got a massive bag full... :)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9