MAC Face and Body: Pressed Pigments

on
Thursday, September 20, 2012

Last week, MAC released a new collection called Face and Body, which features a total of 27 products — 14 of which are limited edition, and 13 of which are new and will become permanent. Face and Body sees the release of six shades of Pressed Pigment, all of which are new and limited edition. MAC describes Pressed Pigment as "an intensely creamy highlighter offering extreme pearlescence and versatility of finish" that "provides eye-catching sheer-to-moderate buildable coverage and natural dimension finish." This product can be used "dry for a high shine, or on damn skin for a dramatic wet look." It is safe for use on the eye area. They come in regular black packaging with clear lids. Each Pressed Pigment contains 3 grams of product, and retails for $25.

Light Touch, Warming Heart, and Spot Lit

Light Touch, Warming Heart, and Spot Lit

Light Touch is a pale creamy white with intense shimmer-sheen and glitter. It is a new and limited edition product. It is a little on the grittier side, so it goes on a bit patchy. It has medium-high pigmentation and semi-opaque colour pay-off. Due to the nature of the product, there is fall-out. It is warmer than Forgery, and less grey than Filament. 
Warming Heart is a light warm peachy beige with intense shimmer-sheen and glitter. It is a new and limited edition product. It has a soft, buttery texture, and goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. Due to the nature of the product, there is fall-out. It is lighter and more peach than All That Glitters, and more glittery than Gleam. 
Spot Lit is a medium golden peach with intense shimmer-sheen and glitter. It is a new and limited edition product. It has a soft, buttery texture, and goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. Due to the nature of the product, there is fall-out. It is lighter and less orange than Amber Lights, and more peach and much more shimmery than Texture.



Day Gleam, Beaming, and Deeply Dashing

Day Gleam, Beaming, and Deeply Dashing

Day Gleam is a light-medium warm-toned wheat brown with intense shimmer-sheen and glitter. It is a new and limited edition product. It has a soft, buttery texture, and goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. Due to the nature of the product, there is fall-out. It is darker and warmer than Era, and lighter and less yellow than Soba. 
Beaming is a medium-dark orange-toned tan brown intense shimmer-sheen and glitter. It is a new and limited edition product. It has a soft, buttery texture, and goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. Due to the nature of the product, there is fall-out. It is darker and much more shimmery than Texture, and more orange than Saddle. 
Deeply Dashing is a dark red-toned brown with intense shimmer-sheen and glitter. It is a new and limited edition product. It has a soft, buttery texture, and goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. Due to the nature of the product, there is fall-out. It is lighter and much more shimmery than Swiss Chocolate, and less plum than Twinks.

Okay, there's been a lot of mixed reviews over these, but I am firmly in the "love it" camp. I don't find the texture hard to use (I do not find them dry, gritty, or rough at all), and I actually think they're rather versatile, since you can use them on eyes, face, and body (as the name of the collection implies). The shades are all relatively neutral, and every skintone and every undertone is sure to find something that flatters them. Yes, they have a lot of fall-out, because these are essentially the pressed versions of MAC's Pigments. If you apply it to your eye, the shimmer will fall down on your cheeks because that's just the nature of the product. I've been wearing these for the past week and I get compliments all the time on how gorgeous they look on my eyes and cheeks (I absolutely love Warming Heart as a cheek highlighter). I don't think they're creamy or natural-looking, as MAC describes them, but if you love all things shimmery and glittery and shiny, then these are definitely worth looking at.
4 comments on "MAC Face and Body: Pressed Pigments"
  1. So I got Deeply Dashing after you "recommended" the pigments to me :) I'm wondering what base you use to pat the pigments on? I love the texture and the finish, as well as the final look but it creased quite a bit on my creamy black base (some old pencil I had, can't remember which one).

    Do you recommend a Paint Pot or something else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Use the NARS eye primer! It seriously increases wear time. I experienced creasing after about eight hours of wear, which is pretty good. :)

      Delete
  2. Oooooh, I had no idea these were in the works! Loose pigments are way too messy and I hate fallout, so these won't get any love from me despite their pretty. Really liking the wearability of these shades. But I'm going through a neutral matte phase now and having a hard time trying to use theBalm Shady Lady Vol. 2 palette which I loved to death for the past few years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, fair enough. I'm not gonna say they don't have fall out, 'cause they totally do and when I wear them, there's usually shimmer all over my face, lol! But I use them on my cheekbones as a highlighter, too, so it just looks like I did it on purpose. :P But I've been seriously getting tons of compliments on them when I wear them!

      Why matte? :( SO BORING!!! I have some extra eyeshadows for you and none of them are matte. :P

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9