I ♥ Fall Tag

on
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
There's a new meme that's been making its way around on various YouTube beauty channels aptly named the "I ♥ Fall Tag." I don't do beauty videos, but I decided to do the tag, anyway, 'cause it seemed fun. So, here we go:

1. Favourite fall lip colour? 


Okay, this was really, really hard, because as someone who has over 400 lipsticks, it's difficult to pick just one favourite. But, ultimately, I have to pick Viva Glam I. I wear this all year round, but I definitely bust this out the most in the fall and winter. It's the most classic matte crimson red, and it is absolutely beautiful. And it's definitely one of the most universally flattering reds I've ever come across. It's not too bright, it's not too dark, and it's not too warm or cool. It's elegant and timeless, and the best part is every cent of every Viva Glam sale goes to the MAC AIDS Fund. I don't think I really ever appreciated the beauty of a red lipstick until Viva Glam I. Come to think of it, this might be my favourite lipstick of all time, not just for fall!

2. Favourite fall nail polish?

A-England's Saint George, OPI's On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Butter London's Wallis, Chanel's Graphite, and Deborah Lippmann's Across the Universe

This one was just too hard to narrow down to one, even harder than lip colour. Like, it would seriously be easier for me to pick a favourite child (you know, if I had one). So I cheated and picked five.
  • A-England —Saint George: Dark green-teal with holographic shimmer
  • OPI — On Her Majesty's Secret Service: Dark pewter grey with multi-coloured micro-glitter 
  • Butter London — Wallis: Dark antiqued olive green with tarnished gold shimmer-sheen
  • Chanel — Graphite: Medium-dark graphite grey with silver and tarnished gold micro-glitter
  • Deborah Lippmann — Across the Universe: Dark navy blue jelly base with blue and green hexagonal and round glitter

3. Favourite Starbucks fall drink?

If we're talking about limited edition drinks from Starbucks, then probably the Salted Caramel Mocha, but I typically opt for the Cinnamon Dolce Latte this time of year (but it is available all year 'round). I don't go to Starbucks nearly as often as Second Cup, though, and I pretty much get their Pumpkin Spice Latte every single day (and their version is way better than Starbucks').

4. Favourite fall candle?


No, folks, it is not the Leaves candle (I'm not even sure why it's so popular, 'cause it smells too sickly sweet and is cloying to me... and really, it smells nothing like leaves). It is, however, also from Bath & Body Works, and it is the Lavender Vanilla candle. Guys, I don't even particularly like lavender or vanilla, but this candle? I'm obsessed. There's a hint of cedarwood and jasmine in there that keeps it from being too sweet. But it is warm and calming, and it's just amazing on a cold night. I love it so much, I bought four of them.

5. Favourite fall scarf or accessory?


My favourite scarf for fall is the Wilfred leopard-print sheer wool scarf from Aritzia, which I have in tan and grey. I don't really love one more than the other; I tend to switch between them depending on my make-up. I also love black leather ankle booties with a stacked heel for this time of year, and recently bought two new pairs.

6. Favourite Halloween movie?

The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I'm not sure if it's technically a Halloween movie, but it's always celebrated during Halloween!

7. Haunted house, haunted hay ride, or haunted corn maze?

I've never actually been into a haunted hay ride or haunted corn maze, so it's a haunted house by default. Of course, the only ones I've ever been to are the ones at Disney World (Orlando) and Disney Land (Los Angeles and Tokyo), and they're not the truly, ridiculously, horrifyingly scary ones. I am way too chicken for those.

8. Favourite candy to eat on Halloween?

Coffee Crisp, hands down. Seriously, those were worth a lot when it came to Halloween candy bartering back in the day. I'd have to trade two Reese's Cups for one of those. But Coffee Crisp is my favourite chocolate bar of all time, not just for Halloween.

9. What are you dressing up as for Halloween?

Honestly, I've never been huge into dressing up for Halloween past my trick-or-treating years. I might do more of a Halloween make-up than a full-on Halloween costume this year. I'm thinking Cleopatra right now, 'cause she had fierce make-up. Or maybe Marilyn Monroe, who had very classic and elegant make-up. But I also found my bottle of fake blood when I was cleaning out my kit from make-up school, and I kind of want to use it... I don't want to be a vampire, though, 'cause it's so over-done. Any ideas?

10. Favourite thing about fall?

What don't I love about fall? Perfect temperatures, insects dying (no more mosquito bites!), beautiful scenery, fall fashion and accessories (yay to layering!), gorgeous outerwear, rich jewel-toned make-up, Thanksgiving (which I am now a huge fan of), new seasons of television shows, my birthday... Fall is by far my favourite season.

I tag Liz, Mary, JanettaFieran, and anyone else reading this! If you do the tag, please leave the URL in the comments!
4 comments on "I ♥ Fall Tag"
  1. Nail polish twins! I have all of those except for Saint George, which I WILL get eventually! :D

    I also prefer Second Cup Pumpkin Spice Lattes over Starbucks. I don't drink anything other than regular coffee and the odd misto from Starbucks.

    Errr... will go and write make my own post now. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLLL. I want to add about six more shades to that nail polish list, though, 'cause I JUST got A-England's Holy Grail and Beauty Never Fails in the mail today, and OMG I DIE.

      So I actually ordered a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks yesterday and it seriously tastes like I drank one of those pumpkin-scented candles at Bath & Body Works. Bleeeeearrrrgh. I just can't go back to the Starbucks' version after drinking the Second Cup one. WHY DO I STRAY, LIZ?

      Haha, yes, excited to see your answers! :)

      Delete
  2. SECOND CUP > STARBUCKS.
    Every day.


    I used to eat Halloween chocolates by the bucket! My favourite was Jersey Milk. It's way too sweet for me now, but I was obsessed with it back then!

    I'm also all about Haunted Houses.

    Can't wait to do mine. Thanks, Denise!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Starbucks better for their actual drip coffee and their frozen drinks, but I like Second Cup better for everything else (all lattes and hot chocolate, etc.). :)

      LOL, me too. I don't think I ever liked Jersey Milk, it was too plain for me, lol. It's the same reason I don't like Aero. I like some sort of crunch in there. So I loved Coffee Crisp, Kit Kat, CRUNCH, Crispy Crunch, Crunchie, etc. ;)

      Can't wait to read yours! :D

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9