Lush Calacas Shower Jelly

on
Thursday, October 18, 2012

I went into my local Lush store a couple days ago because my friend, who is the manager there, told me to check out the new Twilight Shower Gel. I ended up not liking the scent, but I noticed that they had some tubs of acid green Shower Jelly sitting beside it, and thought they had brought back The Jilted Elf early (it's only released during the holidays). I got really excited, 'cause you know how much I love them Shower Jellies. Turns out, it's a new limited edition Shower Jelly that they made for their Halloween collection. It's called Calacas, and it was inspired by the Day of the Dead celebrations in Mexico. It is now my favourite Shower Jelly to date.


Calacas is made of lime oil to tone and decongest the skin, and aloe vera gel and seaweed to soothe and moisturize irritated skin. Each jelly is supposed to be shaped like a sugar skull, which is iconic in Day of the Dead celebrations. Of course, once it's put into a tub, it ends up looking more like Flubber than a skull. But it smells exactly like green Gummi Bears, which pretty much makes it the best thing, ever. And it's only $4.95 a tub. So I bought two.
4 comments on "Lush Calacas Shower Jelly"
  1. I still have to try a shower jelly. Not crazy about the green colour but I'd also prefer lime and aloe to lavender.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colour is not something I'm really crazy about, either, but I do feel like it represents the scent really well! It smells exactly like the taste of green gummy bears, lol. Go to Lush and smell it, I love it! :)

      Delete
  2. I hope that stuff can work miracles on your skin because the first thing I thought about when I saw it was the goo they'd pour all over kids on Uh Oh! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uh_Oh!_(game_show)).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I thought of Flubber first, but yes, it does look like the green goo on Uh Oh!. :P

      I doesn't really work miracles on the skin, lol. I would say it works the same as any typical body wash, but it's fun to use and it smells DIVINE!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9