MAC Glamour Daze: Lipsticks

on
Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Last Thursday, MAC released a new collection called Glamour Daze, which is this year's holiday colour collection. This launch features a total of 35 products — 24 of which are new and limited edition, nine of which are re-promotes, and two of which are permanent. Glamour Daze sees the release of five new and limited edition shades of lipstick. They are packaged in limited edition glossy black tubes with the MAC logo in white, and come in matching cardstock boxes. Each lipstick comes with 3 grams of product, and retails for $20. These are not applicable for the Back to MAC recycling program due to the limited edition packaging.

Beauty, Outrageously Fun, Innocence, Glamourdaze, and Dramatic Encounter

Beauty is a pale cool-toned pink with grey undertones in a Glaze finish. It is a new and limited edition shade. The texture is soft and creamy, and it goes on smoothly and evenly. It has medium pigmentation and semi-opaque colour pay-off. It is lighter and less lilac than Pervette, and more pink than Pretty Please. 
Outrageously Fun is a medium blue-toned magenta pink in a Cremesheen finish. It is a new and limited edition shade. The texture is soft and creamy, and it goes on smoothly and evenly. It has medium pigmentation and semi-opaque colour pay-off. It is lighter and more cool-toned than Love Forever! Pro Longwear Lipcreme. 
Innocence is a light-medium pinked coral with a golden peach sheen in a Frost finish. It is a new and limited edition shade. The texture is soft and creamy, and it goes on smoothly and evenly. It has medium pigmentation and semi-opaque colour pay-off. It is more coral than Sandy B, and lighter and more peach than Ramblin' Rose. 
Glamourdaze is a medium-dark softened rose-plum with brown undertones in a Cremesheen finish. It is a new and limited edition shade. The texture is soft and creamy, and it goes on smoothly and evenly. It has medium pigmentation and semi-opaque colour pay-off. It is lighter and more brown than Party Line, and darker and less pink than Capricious. 
Dramatic Encounter is a dark purple with brown undertones in an Amplified Creme finish. It is a new and limited edition shade. The texture is soft and creamy, and it goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It is darker and less red than Hang Up, and more brown than Cyber. 

There is a variety of shades and textures in this collection, so it is sure to please a wider range of people (unlike the Marilyn Monroe collection, for example, which was for the red lip lover). Outrageously Fun is by far my favourite shade of the collection, not only because I love bright lips, but also because it seems to be the most unique of the five (and, can I just say, it is so aptly named?). Glamourdaze will sell really well because it suits so many skintones and works well all year round (perfect for those who want something office-friendly but will still give some colour and perk up the face). Dramatic Encounter is a beautiful shade for those with darker skintones, and those who have medium skintones who want a deep, bold lip (those with fair skin may veer into gothic territory, though). I'm not a huge fan of Beauty, which seems to accentuate every line and dry flake on the lip — and let's be honest, it isn't the most flattering shade except for on fair to light skintones. And Innocence seems to be a much more summery shade to me, but is a beautiful option for those who like frosted lipsticks. With matte lipstick being all the rage right now, it's a refreshing change to see some creamier, more shiny lipsticks released for holiday.
16 comments on "MAC Glamour Daze: Lipsticks"
  1. LOVE the look of Glamourdaze and Dramatic Encounter! And Outrageously Fun really does look very fun. Reminds me of summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I love how you're totally into dark lips now. :D

      Outrageously Fun is really summery, but I looooove it! I wear it with a hot pink lip liner and it looks SO GOOD!!!

      Delete
  2. I got Glamour Daze. I'm a huge fan of Cremesheens because they layer well on top of the thick amounts of lip balm I need for my perpetually dry lips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, nice. I actually think that was the first one to sell out! :) If you're into bolder lips, though, Dramatic Encounter looks amazing on your skintone!

      Delete
    2. I'm not daring enough for Dramatic Encounter :/ I was given Camden Chic as a gift and even wearing that took a bit of guts and push. I do have Riveting Rose which is a bit warmer than Dramatic Encounter I think. I have never worn it before...well maybe once, but I was too surprised at how I look, I quickly removed it. :(

      Delete
    3. WHAAAAAAT!!!! Sooooo many people were looking for Camden Chic!!! You need to wear it more, Fieran!

      Dramatic Encounter is so pretty, though! If you do a simple eye look with it, it's so stunning. But bold lips are something you have to get used to. I used to ONLY wear nude lips and now I am obsessed with bright lips.

      Delete
    4. 0_0 Girl, you CRAY!

      I'm positive Camden Chic would look amazing on you!

      Delete
    5. LOLOL @ CRAY.

      Camden Chic is so, so, so beautiful. And a Mattene, too!!! You can sell that baby on eBay and make a nice little profit, if you really wanted to... :P

      Delete
  3. I wish I didn't like Glamourdaze but I do. I will not buy it though because I'm pretty sure I have 1231244235 lipsticks in a similar color in my "okay for the office" collection. Well....I MAYBE will not buy it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, if you end up wanting it, grab it ASAP 'cause it's sold out at a lot of locations! ;)

      Delete
    2. It's because there are a LOT of us suckers who go in for that hot pink number only to end up with yet ANOTHER work-appropriate shade. Haha.

      Delete
    3. LOL!!! I love that I work in the make-up industry. I don't have to worry about a "make-up code." :P

      But the easiest solution to that problem? BUY BOTH! :D

      Delete
  4. Dramatic Encounter is totally up my alley!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will give you mine, Mary. Never used, just swatched once!

      Delete
    2. Awww! Thanks, Denise! You really don't have to :-D.

      Delete
    3. Lol, no worries, I honestly won't get any use of it!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9