OPI Skyfall Nail Lacquer in On Her Majesty's Secret Service

on
Monday, October 22, 2012


I've pretty much been obsessed with OPI's new Skyfall collection the moment I saw the swatches online, which was about two weeks before it started rolling out in stores and online. If you've been living under a rock, Skyfall is the latest James Bond film that will be released on November 9 (in North America) and OPI has collaborated with the franchise to release 12 shades (plus three magnetic shades and one real 18-karat gold top coat). The 12 shades are each named after a James Bond film. In a rare act of self control, I ended up buying only four of the eight shades I wanted.

On Her Majesty's Secret Service (natural lighting)

On Her Majesty's Secret Service (under flash)

On Her Majesty's Secret Service is a dark metallic blue-based pewter grey with multi-coloured ultra-fine glitter. It is named after the 1963 film of the same name. It's a really complex shade, giving off a subtle holographic effect in certain lighting, and flashing green to blue in certain angles and then gunmetal or pewter in others. It has a fluid consistency without being too thick or too runny. It goes on smoothly and evenly, without any pulling, bubbling, or streaking. It has medium-high pigmentation, and will go opaque in two medium coats, though a thin third coat will make it perfect. I cannot think of any dupes at this time. This is a shade that is really deceiving in the bottle, because it looks so much more majestic and multi-faceted when applied to the nails. This is a truly magnificent shade, and has become one of my favourite releases this fall, if not this year.
4 comments on "OPI Skyfall Nail Lacquer in On Her Majesty's Secret Service"
  1. LOLLLLLLLLLL! "In a rare act of self control, I ended up buying only four of the eight shades I wanted." For me, in a rare act of less control, I ended up buying four instead of the two shades I wanted.

    I can't wait to put this on. It's GORGEOUS. (Looks so different from bottle to nail!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOL, see how similar we ACTUALLY ARE, Liz?

      Yeah, I was REALLY surprised at how the shade ended up looking in these photos! Like, it glows completely turquoise-blue in natural lighting. SO PRETTY. :D You must wear it ASAP. I think I'm going to try Live and Let Die next...

      Delete
  2. Hahahaha, I completely cracked up at " In a rare act of self control " :) I got two - this one and the Live and Let Die, but they haven't arrived yet.

    This looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you know I can't resist nail polish, and it was SUPER HARD to pick just four, okay?! :P

      Good choices! I also got Live and Let Die, plus Goldeneye, and The World is Not Enough. :)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9