Thanksgiving Dinner

on
Monday, October 8, 2012
Went over to Janetta's house this evening for my first official Thanksgiving dinner!

Roast turkey!

Carving action

Platter of delicious, perfectly moist turkey

Turkey gravy and homemade cranberry sauce (not from a can!)

Bread stuffing

Roasted brown sugar sweet potatoes

Herbed mashed potatoes

Buttered Brussels sprouts

Garlicky cucumber salad

Potato and apple salad with shrimp and cucumbers

Deviled eggs

Baked creamy dill salmon

My extremely full plate (a.k.a. double happiness)

Pumpkin spice cupcakes

Apple rhubarb berry pie

A classic Thanksgiving dinner with some delightfully unexpected dishes thrown in there to keep things interesting. It was a seriously epic feast, needless to say. I can't believe I never had Thanksgiving dinner before this. Thanks so much for having me, Janetta! (I am officially RSVP'ing for next year.) Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!
8 comments on "Thanksgiving Dinner"
  1. OMG, Janetta cooks so well! Can you ship her to Norway? She needs to open a restaurant here or something. I've never seen so many wonderful dishes in one place, together before.

    @Janetta: If you're reading this, Oslo needs you. Like right now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, she cooks like a champ! :) You should celebrate Thanksgiving in Norway, just for the eating factor alone, lol.

      Delete
    2. I'm coming over EVERY YEAR. Just letting you know. :D

      Delete
  2. You just had your first Thanksgiving dinner? WHAT??

    And that pie looks amazing! Apple pie a la mode might be my favourite dessert of all time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW, RIGHT? About 25 years TOO LATE. I need to make up for all those years...

      Haha, I think the pie was actually the only thing that was bought and not homemade. :P But it was DELICIOUS. I love pie more than cake for sure.

      Delete
  3. OMG, this almost makes me regret not having a turkey this year. (I'm drooling at mostly the side dishes.) I think this is the only way to do a turkey dinner - going all out! Glad you had such a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz, it was EPIC. I heard all these things about turkey being dry and shit but this one was PERFECT. Janetta basted that turkey GOOD.

      I cannot wait until Christmas dinner. I don't even celebrate Christmas, but if it means eating like this, I'M GONNA START.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9