A-England Nail Varnish in Holy Grail

on
Thursday, November 22, 2012


A-England recently released two new nail polishes, both of which I bought (obviously). One of them is a new shade for a new line-up called Heavenly Quotes, and the other one, which is the one featured here, is the newly re-vamped Holy Grail, which is a shade that was originally released with A-England's The Mythicals collection. I assume the reason for the re-vamp was because the original Holy Grail shade, a brighter yellow gold, wasn't popular enough to keep it as it was, but they didn't want to retire it completely.

Holy Grail (natural lighting)

Holy Grail (under flash)

Holy Grail is a medium-dark antique gold with gold, bronze, copper, and tarnished olive micro-shimmer. It's a complex shade that can look more gold or amber in certain angles, more brassy or tarnished green in others, so it can look both cool and warm. It has a fluid consistency without being too thick or too runny. It goes on smoothly and evenly, without any pulling, bubbling, or streaking. It has high pigmentation, and will go opaque in two thin-medium coats. I can't think of any close dupes for this; Butter London's Wallis is darker and has more predominantly dirty gold shimmer. I received a ton of compliments when I wore this shade, which really looks like richer, classier, more luxurious version of the original Holy Grail — and is much more suited to its namesake as a result.
4 comments on "A-England Nail Varnish in Holy Grail"
  1. GORGEOUSNESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I have to order this and Beauty Never Fails, but there are two more shades on the way! I'm so behind on a-England polish hoarding but WILL catch up eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this one more than Beauty Never Fails, only because this one seems more unique. Beauty Never Fails is a shade that you appreciate more up close than from far, whereas this one is STUNNING from all angles and distances, lol.

      Do we know what the two new shades are gonna look like?!?!?! *hyperventilates*

      Delete
    2. No, but I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything! It's killing me!

      Delete
    3. IT'S KILLING ME, TOO, LIZ. I NEEDS MORE A-ENGLAND.

      I'm such a fiend, it's not even funny...

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9