Day & Night Angus Steak and Raw Bar

on
Thursday, November 15, 2012
My mom took me out to Day & Night for my birthday this evening. It's sort of become our go-to restaurant for "special occasions." They rarely offer anything new, but the food is consistent and served hot and fast, the service is polite and attentive, the decor is sleek and modern, and it's always a good value for what you get. So, as per usual, we participated in one of the set meals:

"Welcome Drink" — Peach mango punch

Organic greens salad

Oyster platter

Lobster bisque

Certified Angus ribeye

Birthday candle!

Tiramisu

So, I've been sort of addicted to oysters recently. Like, if it's on the menu, I must have it. I have no idea which ones I got on this platter, but they were fresh and tasty, served with horseradish and cocktail sauce on a block of ice that lights up in different colours (it's tacky and awesome at the same time). And I maintain that their lobster bisque, which is freshly poured in front of you, is the best I've had in the city. Rich, creamy, and flavourful with a big piece of lobster meat at the bottom of the bowl. Of course, the rib eye, in its tender, juicy, meaty goodness was only made better by the delightful marbled pockets of fat which, let's be honest, makes a steak that much tastier. My mom had mentioned it was my birthday, so they put a candle in my little piece of tiramisu. Not the greatest tiramisu, but I was so full by that point that I didn't even care. I still have a half a cake from Chocolada waiting for me in my fridge.

A very good birthday, indeed.


Day & Night Angus Steak and Raw Bar
548 Carlton Road
Unionville, ON L3R 0C6
(905) 305-9192
6 comments on "Day & Night Angus Steak and Raw Bar"
  1. OMG, so much delicious food! I would love a bowl of lobster bisque right now. At 6am.

    Did they sing for you? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, they did, and it was the saddest 'happy birthday' I have ever heard. There was two servers and they sang SO QUIETLY, like little mice. LOL.

      Delete
    2. LOL, like little mice. I think I'd rather that than the whole place belting out the happy birthday song, while making you wear some sort of funny hat.

      Isn't that like, considered punishment? :D

      Delete
    3. Haha, totally. It's like, one of my fears of going to a restaurant where they make you do humiliating things on your birthday. :P

      Delete
  2. I'm reading this just before lunch. I might go have a steak now. ;)

    Hope you're having fun in Buffalo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like tradition for me to eat steak on my birthday. THERE'S NOTHING BETTER THAN A GOOD STEAK. NOMMMM.

      Thanks, posts coming soon! :)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9