A-England Nail Varnish in Beauty Never Fails

on
Monday, December 3, 2012

One of my favourite nail polish brands, A-England, released two new shades this fall. One is the newly re-vamped Holy Grail (which I reviewed here), and the other one is a shade called Beauty Never Fails, which is the first shade released from a new collection called Heavenly Quotes. The shade names from the Heavenly Quotes collection are inspired by quotes from various poems and letters. The name Beauty Never Fails came from a quote in a letter that British artist Edward Burne-Jones wrote: "Only this is true: that beauty is very beautiful, and softens, and comforts, and inspires, and rouses, and lifts up, and never fails."

Beauty Never Fails (natural lighting)

Beauty Never Fails (under flash)

Beauty Never Fails is a blackened pine green with emerald, gold, olive, and bronze micro-shimmer. While the dark green base remains consistent in all lightings and angles, the micro-shimmer will take on a warmer glow of gold and bronze in a certain angle, or a cooler glow of emerald and olive in another. It has a fluid consistency without being too thick or too runny. It goes on smoothly and evenly, without any pulling, bubbling, or streaking. It has high pigmentation, and will go opaque in two medium coats. I can't think of any close dupes for this; Butter London's Wallis is lighter and has more predominantly dirty gold shimmer, while A-England's Tess D'Urbervilles has a darker base and more predominantly green shimmer. The shimmer in this one is truly gorgeous; so multi-faceted that it's almost mesmerizing. It reminds me of the embers of a bonfire floating towards the trees in the woods at night.
4 comments on "A-England Nail Varnish in Beauty Never Fails"
  1. I MUST HAVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!! And that is all. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yes, you do! :) Did you see the preview of the two new shades for Heavenly Quotes?

      Delete
    2. I did! I don't care for the rosy one but the slightly holo-ish gold one is intriguing. I don't love it like this one though.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I don't love either of them (at least, from the swatches I've seen), but I bet you I will end up getting them, anyway, if only to complete my A-England collection, LOL. I actually like the rosy one slightly more, but I never know until I see them in person...

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9