Smoke's Poutinerie

on
Monday, December 24, 2012
I finally tried out Smoke's Poutinerie with Ronsee:


Pulled Pork Poutine

Hogtown Poutine

We decided to share two poutines: the Pulled Pork and the Hogtown, which includes double-smoked bacon, Italian sausage, sautéed mushrooms, and caramelized onions. The Pulled Pork poutine is a favourite of many and is the most popular choice here. The pulled pork is just beautiful: tender, melt-in-your-mouth, flavourful with a zesty kick. It wasn't too sweet, either, which I prefer. In the Hogtown, the smoky flavour of the bacon and the spice of the Italian sausage are beautifully married and will satisfy any meat lover. The gravy is thick, rich, and luscious, and the cheese curds are authentic and come in very generous portions.

The Hogtown seems heartier with the amount of toppings, but I found them both to be just as filling and both absolutely worth getting. I'm not going to compare the poutine here to the ones found in Montreal, because no matter how many imitations there are, it won't be the same (they usually make their gravy from their smoked meat drippings, but I find that their smoked meat can never be duplicated). However, I will say that they're fantastic in their own way and they are by far the best poutine I've had in Toronto. I just can't believe it took me this long to try them out. Of course, I'm now determined to try every poutine on the menu.


Smoke's Poutinerie
218 Adelaide Street West
Toronto, ON M5H 1W7
(416) 599-2873
4 comments on "Smoke's Poutinerie"
  1. I tried Hogtown when they first opened the Adelaide location and liked it but wasn't crazy about the gravy. I didn't know it was made from drippings though! As I recall, it was kind of runny and bland - and I prefer gravy slightly more starchy and savoury.

    That being said, I still haven't found the perfect poutine or gravy yet. I think it's in Montreal and not here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how the gravy is made at Smoke's, but it seemed to be pretty good to me! I didn't find it runny or bland, so maybe they changed it?

      Yeah, you've never had poutine until you've had it from Montreal. You need to try it ASAP!!!

      Delete
    2. It was like four years ago, so they very well might have! Also, my taste can be questionable. I can drink KFC gravy like juice, which is so gross, but it's true.

      Delete
    3. Four years ago?! My dear Liz, it's time to try it out again!

      LOLOL, I can drink KFC gravy, too. And the Swiss Chalet sauce as well, which I think is more questionable. :P

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9