China Glaze & Cirque du Soleil Worlds Away: Nail Lacquer in Water You Waiting For

on
Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Apparently, my love for sparkle triumphs over everything, because here I am once again, pushing cream polishes aside to make way for more glitter. In rare act of self-control, I ordered only three shades from the China Glaze Cirque du Soleil collection after filtering through the dozens of online reviews and swatches. I felt that the majority of the shades from this collection, while fun and colourful, were shades that we'd seen before, so I only picked up the ones that I felt were the most unique. After trying and loving It's A Trap-Eze!, I decided to try the other glitter I picked up. I swear, I'm going to go back to creams after this.


Water You Waiting For is a sheer medium blue jelly base with cerulean blue, indigo blue, purple, and emerald green glitter, shimmer, and micro-shimmer. It has a fluid consistency without being too thick or too runny. It goes on smoothly and evenly, without any pulling, bubbling, or streaking. Due to the intense amount of shimmer and glitter, it will reach opacity in two medium coats. It is similar to Nicole by OPI's Kendall on the Katwalk, with perhaps less purple shimmer. Often, nail polish companies will try to group colours together to try to create a more unique or unexpected shade, but it ends up looking odd (e.g. ugly). But this is a prime example of colours working well together to create an even more stunning, more dimensional shade. It represents Cirque du Soleil perfectly; you somehow get lost in its oceanic beauty, like it's underwater magic.
14 comments on "China Glaze & Cirque du Soleil Worlds Away: Nail Lacquer in Water You Waiting For"
  1. Oh man, it's almost enough to bring me out of the nail polish slump! GORGEOUS. I love blues and I even love sparkly blues. Good choice, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get this one, Liz! At $9 a pop, it's hardly a splurge, ya know? ;)

      Delete
    2. I refuse to pay $9 for China Glaze!!!!! LOL

      Delete
    3. Lol, why? It's the same as OPI or Essie... :P

      Delete
    4. They were like $4-5 a year ago! What the heck happened??

      Delete
    5. I think some places do sell them for $5... like, I know lots of nail polish places in and around Pacific Mall sell them for cheap. But as far as I know, regular retail price for China Glaze (at least as long as I've been buying them) have been around the $8 - 9 mark. :P

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is so pretty.

    I have to check if it's available online :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This collection should still be available on most nail polish websites. :) Honestly, to me, this is the prettiest one of the Cirque du Soleil release!

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful! It's almost the same as Nicole by OPI's Kendall on the Katwalk except the larger hexagon glitter seems to be more blue whereas the Kendall shows purple in some light. I like the idea of a jelly base though...will have to take a closer look in store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, yes, thanks for pointing that out. Totally forgot about Kendall on the Katwalk! I've added it as a dupe. :)

      If you have Kendall on the Katwalk, I don't think you'll need this one -- they're realllly similar!

      Delete
  4. This color is beautiful and gorgeous. I'll definitely be checking this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do! It's definitely the prettiest shade from China Glaze's Cirque du Soleil collection, in my opinion. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm not a mega-glitter polish person, but even I can appreciate how gorgeous this is Denise! It was the only shade from the collection that gave me pause. Perhaps if I'm feeling fiesty I'll pick it up... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think if I were a superhero, I'd call myself MEGA-GLITTER. I'm obsessed. :P

      This is truly a gorgeous shade, though, for real. I got asked by soooo many people what I was wearing!

      You should feel fiesty ALL THE TIME. :P

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9