Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Noble

on
Tuesday, January 8, 2013


I thought that after wearing glitter/shimmer polishes for a month on end, it was time to return to cream finishes for a bit. Also because my nails were seriously suffering from removing glitter polish with 100% acetone every three days. I had picked up two Sephora-exclusive Illamasqua shades a couple months ago, and decided to wear the brighter one first.


Noble is a medium vibrant cyan blue in a cream finish. It has a fluid consistency, without being too thick or runny. It goes on smoothly and evenly, without any pulling, bubbling, or streaking. It is perfectly self-levelling and applies effortlessly. It has high pigmentation, and will go opaque in two medium coats or one thick coat. It is brighter than Deborah Lippmann's On The Beach and Zoya's Robyn, and lighter than Sephora by OPI's Slushied. For whatever reason, I got a lot of compliments on this colour; more so than when I was wearing any of the dupes mentioned. This shade just seems richer and more brilliant on the nails, though it might have something to do with the time of year, too, because it's such an unexpected shade for winter. Either way, if you're looking for a bright electric blue polish, skip all the other ones out there — this is the one to get.
10 comments on "Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Noble"
  1. Replies
    1. I love it! I'm such a sucker for these electric blues. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You know how much I hate humidity and bugs and all that shit, but I really do miss summer and hanging out on patios and the sun setting later in the day... And this colour totally reminds me of that. I have some serious winter blues or something. :P

      Delete
    2. And it barely even feels like a Canadian winter.
      WTF is going on with the weather? lol

      Delete
    3. The weather's been weird this year, it's true... But it HAS been bitterly cold outside. It just hasn't snowed very much... Which I'm kinda glad for because driving in the snow is the worst.

      Delete
  3. What about OCC Pool Boy? This colour reminds me of summer which I miss with a vengeance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would classify Pool Boy as more of a light aqua shade, whereas this is more of an intense cyan, so obviously they are both must-haves... ;)

      Me, too, Liz. It's not even the weather itself I miss, it's more so the lifestyle one has during the summer. Everything seems more casual and a bit more carefree... You can drive with all the windows down and blast music obnoxiously... LE SIGH.

      Delete
    2. LOL!! OBVIOUSLY!

      I'm in a bit of a nail polish rut but blues always get me going again. :D

      Delete
    3. You KNOW my thing for blue polishes... I mean, you know my thing for polish in general, but there's something about blue shades that just triggers that "I HAVE TO HAVE IT" mentality. That, and glitter. :P

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9