Sano Sushi

on
Sunday, January 6, 2013
So, there was a point a few months ago where I continually went to all-you-can-eat Japanese buffets. Like, I'd go to one at least twice a week. It was getting ridiculous. And, inevitably, I got really, really sick of it. Like, I couldn't even look at another piece of raw fish or sushi roll. But tonight, when Anson texted me to see if I wanted to get sushi for dinner, I was like, "Well, it has been a while since I had sushi..." And then the more I thought about it, the more I was craving it. So that settled that, and we went to try out Sano Sushi.

Sushi: Salmon roses, eel, octopus, and red tuna

Sashimi: Salmon, white tuna, and surfer clams

Maki: Spider roll, spicy salmon roll, and Rainbow Dragon roll

Maki: Volcano roll

Crab meat salad

Avocado salad

Deep-fried scallops with wasabi sauce

Deep-fried gyoza

Shrimp tempura

There are a lot of mixed reviews on this place, but both of us found Sano to be really, really good. Definitely one of the better AYCE Japanese restaurants I've been to in the city. The fish was fresh, the portions were generous, and the ratios of rice-to-filling in the sushi and batter-to-filling in the deep-fried foods were perfect. And there was a decent amount of variety, too. No complaints about the food at all, which is a rarity in AYCE places. The service was attentive, polite, and efficient, and the restaurant itself is clean and well-presented. Not the most stylish decor, but it's cozy and not garish like many other AYCE restaurants. And if you pay with cash, they give you 15% off your entire meal. Definitely worth it. In terms of quality, I would put it on par with La Maison du Japon, which is probably my favourite AYCE Japanese place in the city, so that's really saying a lot. I would definitely visit this place again.


Sano Sushi
8143 Yonge Street
Thornhill, ON L4J 1W5
(905) 771-7861
8 comments on "Sano Sushi"
  1. Sounds like you've been sushi-ing it up enough for the both of us! I haven't had Japanese food in so long and these pictures are making my tummy growl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT? Have you tried this place? It's near your house!

      Delete
    2. Nope- MDJ is our go to place.
      I'll probably try it out one day! What are their lunch/dinner prices like?

      Delete
    3. The lunch/dinner prices are a bit cheaper than MDJ. I know it was $20.99 for weekend dinner and I think it's $12.99 for lunch. If you pay with cash, though, you automatically get 15% off your entire bill. SO WORTH IT.

      Delete
    4. ..THAT IS SO CHEAP.
      I think I'll go there with gramma :)

      Delete
    5. Good idea, she looooves AYCE! :)

      Delete
  2. There used to be a Korean run AYCE sushi place called VIP sushi located in that same plaza and it was alright. Wanna try this one now!!

    Seeing those slices of salmon sushi totally reminded me that time we both ordered too much of the stuff. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does VIP Sushi not exist anymore? Always looking for new AYCE places to try out in the GTA. :) But you definitely need to try this place, it's pretty good and the prices are decent. Bring cash, too, 'cause it's an automatic 15% off!!!

      LOL, yeah, I almost felt like barfing after that time we went. But for whatever reason, this amount was just perfect for two people... Didn't feel sick at all. :P

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9