OPI Euro Centrale Nail Lacquer in Can't Find My Czechbook

on
Monday, March 11, 2013

I haven't really been intrigued with any of OPI's collections since Skyfall last November, but when I saw their new Euro Centrale collection for Spring, I was immediately drawn to the brighter shades. Maybe I'm just sick of winter now, but I'm extremely attracted to colours that obviously scream, "Spring!" I was set to pick up a few shades, but I saw that they offered the majority of the shades I wanted in a Mini Lacquer Set, so I picked that up instead to save myself some money. After trying on the ultra-girly Suzi's Hungary Again!, I decided to wear a shade that was more in my comfort zone.


Can't Find My Czechbook is a medium brightened cyan-aqua blue in a jelly-cream finish. It has a fluid consistency without being too thick or too runny. It goes on smoothly and evenly, without any pulling, bubbling, or streaking. It has high pigmentation and will reach opacity in two medium coats. It is dustier and less bright than Illamasqua's Noble and Deborah Lippmann's On the Beach, and lighter and more aqua than Sephora by OPI's Slushied. It seems that every brand has come out with a bright cyan blue in the past year or so, so this is not necessarily a new or unique shade, but it does have a sort of dusty quality to it (which is more obvious in real life than in photos) that makes it slightly different. I wouldn't say this is a must-have if you already have a similar shade in your stash, but if you are looking for a bright cyan blue, this is a budget-friendly option that's worth checking out.
4 comments on "OPI Euro Centrale Nail Lacquer in Can't Find My Czechbook"
  1. I have Slushied and will probably get Noble later, so this might have to be a skip. It does make me happy to see such a bright blue though. DAMMIT, DENISE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, sorrrryyyy. BUT if you're gonna get one electric blue, make it Noble. That colour is just... UNNNGGHHH SO PRETTY.

      Delete
  2. This is a lovely color - would look strange on me but it works so well on skintones like your Denise! I haven't been really wowed by any polishes lately, sadly :( Hopefully something will catch my fancy soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What! I think this colour would look AMAZING on you!!!

      This polish didn't really WOW me, per se. There's a lot of similar shades out there now, and I still think Illamasqua's Noble is the best electric blue out there. You should try it on, I maintain that it would look awesome on you!

      Spring isn't my favourite season for new polishes, because most companies tend to release the same type of shades, you know? Lots of pastels, mostly. But Essie's Spring collection actually looks really nice; there's a bright cobalt blue that is calling my name. And their Resort collection has an amazing vivid aqua green that I NEED. But no worries, summer polishes are rolling out soon, so hopefully, there will be something exciting for you soon!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9