OPI Euro Centrale Nail Lacquer in Suzi's Hungary Again!

on
Monday, March 4, 2013

I haven't really been intrigued with any of OPI's collections since Skyfall last November, but when I saw their new Euro Centrale collection for Spring, I was immediately drawn to the brighter shades. Maybe I'm just sick of winter now, but I'm extremely attracted to colours that obviously scream, "Spring!" I was set to pick up a few shades, but I saw that they offered the majority of the shades I wanted in a Mini Lacquer Set, so I picked that up instead to save myself some money (and also because I rarely ever use a nail polish more than twice, so the smaller size is actually more ideal). The first shade I decided to try is the most girly, tropical one of the bunch (possibly of the entire collection), and also the one that was the most out of my comfort zone.


Suzi's Hungary Again! is a medium vibrant coral-pink in a jelly-cream finish. It has a fluid consistency without being too thick or too runny. It goes on smoothly and evenly, without any pulling, bubbling, or streaking. It has high pigmentation and will reach opacity in two medium coats. It is slightly darker and more pink than Butter London's Trout Pout, more pink than MAC's Fiestaware, and lighter than Essie's Cute as a Button. There are a lot of dupes for this shade since these bright coral-pinks are often released this time of year for warm weather manicures and pedicures. No surprise, since everything about this shade reminds me of summer: strawberry lemonade, watermelon Bubblicious gum, rainbow sherbet. Coral and bright pink polishes are still out of my comfort zone because I maintain that they look odd against my skintone... but I can see myself embracing them, especially once summer rolls around.
10 comments on "OPI Euro Centrale Nail Lacquer in Suzi's Hungary Again!"
  1. "I rarely ever use a nail polish more than twice"
    O_O what do you do with all the leftover nail polish?? :S
    and ps. i loved just listen!! but i read it like 5 years ago so i dunno how i feel about it now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep all my nail polishes and always have favourites that I'll go back to again and again (for example, Chanel's Nouvelle Vague is my go-to aqua blue) but because I buy so many new polishes every season, I end up neglecting a lot of older shades. For shades that I know I'll never wear again, I end up giving them away to friends or co-workers!

      Haha, yeah, I'm just getting into Sarah Dessen's novels now. I've been in the mood for light, girly, teenage novels lately. :P

      Delete
    2. that's awesome! :D talk about #bestfriendperks :p

      Delete
    3. Haha, it's true, my friends do benefit quite a bit when I decide to do some "Spring cleaning," if you will. ;)

      Delete
  2. Hahahaha love it! I wear at least half of my polishes a handful of times at least, but not a whole lot more - when you have even just like, 50+ bottles (I think I'm just tipping over 100, not nearly as many as you), it's hard to wear them all tons of times. So I can totallly see why each of your shades would only get a couple times play!

    Anyway, to the shade - a shame you don't wear these shades more often Denise, I think this looks quite striking on you!! And makes me feel all springy inside :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I seriously have such a nail polish addiction problem. I think I have more than 350 now... EEP. If I truly love a shade, I will try to wear it more often. I go back to A-England's shades a lot because they're so multi-faceted and the formula is SO GORGEOUS (ditto with Illamasqua, which makes some of my favourite cream polishes). :)

      Thank you! These corals and bright pinks are growing on me, so I'm sure I will try out some more as Spring and Summer approach! I think it's a matter of finding the right ones... See, I'm not that picky with greens or blues or purples or even reds -- I'll pretty much wear them all. But when it comes to shades like oranges, corals, and pinks, I am much more selective... Some of them clash oddly with my skintone, like sometimes I'm too pale or too dark for certain shades. :P But this shade does make me happy!

      Delete
  3. This is really pretty! I wonder if I have a dupe for it... don't think so since I tend to avoid anything pinkish, but like you said, this is solidly in the coral family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's coral, but it definitely leans more pink than orange, so you might wanna see it in-store to see if you really like it. I wouldn't have bought this on its own, it just so happened that it was included in the mini set I bought. But I did end up liking it quite a bit, even though corals aren't my favourite for nail polish (ironic, since I love coral in pretty much all other types of make-up).

      Out of curiosity, why do you avoid pink? I love pink!

      Delete
    2. I don't really know! Was just never into it. I think it had to do with growing up in Asia where girls were pressured to be ultra feminine and partially because I don't feel like a lot of pink looks good with my skin tone. I like the brighter fuchsia type pinks but avoid anything that looks too yellow.

      Delete
    3. Oddly enough, I think pink looks really good with Asian skintones! I guess I never associated pink the way you do, with Asian girls having to be feminine... Growing up, I was a tomboy and I pretty much wore all my brother's hand-me-downs. :P

      I think you should give pink a try... it might surprise you and then you'll be all, "SUDDENLY... PINK!" ;)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9