Chanel Superstition de Chanel: Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick in Rendez-Vous

on
Saturday, September 28, 2013

I was at Pacific Mall sometime last week with the boyfriend, and while perusing the usual Asian goodies (e.g. Japanese snack foods, cell phone cases, Korean skincare, etc.), I found myself looking at the Chanel Fall 2013 make-up collection at Le SaSa. I wasn't originally interested in anything from the collection and had written it off as boring, but when I saw the actual display in person, I fell in love with two products. The first one is the Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick in Rendez-Vous. I've always really liked the Rouge Coco Shine formula — they're smooth, creamy, and emollient, and leave lips with a soft flush of colour and a glossy finish — and have found that they're my go-to lipsticks for an easy, low-maintenance, casual look. Superstition saw the release of four new and limited edition shades of Rouge Coco Shine, but this is the only one I had to have. Each Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick comes in a black square tube, contains 3 grams of product, and retails for $39.

Rendez-Vous
Rendez-Vous

Rendez-Vous is a medium slightly cool-toned petal pink with a luminous sheen. This is a new and limited edition shade. The texture is soft and creamy, and it goes on smoothly and evenly. It has medium-high pigmentation with semi-opaque to opaque buildable colour pay-off. It is slightly darker and brighter than MAC Lovelorn, brighter and warmer than MAC Speed Dial, and cooler than Urban Decay Fiend.

Such a lovely everyday pink. While I generally bust out deeper, richer shades this time of year, I do love a good soft rosy lip when I'm feeling more "natural." It's not too light or dark or bright, and totally fitting for the season given the whole "blooming pinks" trend this fall in make-up (though I do see myself wearing this in the spring and summer, too). I found this shade to be more pigmented than my other Rouge Coco Shines, too — the four other shades I have (Boy, Rivage, Fétiche, and Antigone) definitely fall into the semi-sheer camp, whereas this one is nearly opaque. So, is this worth $39? Probably not. But if you're at the Chanel counter, anyway, and looking for a nice, sweet pink that's incredibly wearable for all seasons, you might as well splurge...
2 comments on "Chanel Superstition de Chanel: Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick in Rendez-Vous"
  1. This is such a gorgeous color! It reminds me a bit of the Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart, but a bit brighter - maybe the Revlon could be a suitable dupe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Tart is more reddened and brighter, though if you put it on really lightly, it might look similar! The closest option that I can think of that's less expensive than Chanel is MAC's Lovelorn. :)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9