Pick-Ups & Deliveries: November 2013 — IMATS Haul

on
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
So, I typically do haul posts at the end of the month, but I did way too much shopping, and thusly, I am splitting it into two haul posts (the other one will feature my Sephora VIB sale purchases, half of which I ordered online so I'm actually waiting for the stuff to arrive). This post will feature my haul from IMATS. So, as many of you will know, IMATS Toronto was a couple weekends ago at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, and I went on the Sunday with Steph. Knowing that the Sephora VIB sale was the same weekend, I had to budget what I was going to buy at IMATS and what I was going to get at Sephora. I decided to focus more on tools at IMATS, and knew that I wanted to get some Hakuhodo brushes, so I made a beeline for their booth. 

Hakuhodo J527G Goat Hair Powder Brush and J110 Goat Hair Blush Brush

Crown Brush Syntho SS014 Deluxe Flat Brush, Studio C222 Round Contour Brush x 2, Studio Pro C411 Pointed Blender Brush x 2, and Studio Pro C413 Brow Duo Brush

As most of my IMATS budget was blown at Hakuhodo ($150 USD for two brushes!), I picked up a few more essential brushes at Crown Brush (at a much more affordable $40 for six brushes), and then mellowed out on tools for the rest of the visit. I stopped by the Naked Cosmetics booth to take a look at their pigment stacks, when a huge sign for their Advanced Skin Cream caught our attention. This cream is all-natural, anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal, and apparently "stimulates the body's own immune system which results in faster injury repair by the accelerated growth of new cells." The sign said it's great for people who have eczema, rashes, psoriasis, extreme dry/cracked skin, sores, etc. Basically, it's magic. That weekend, I was suffering from a bout of rashes from an allergic reaction to another body lotion I had used the night before, so this product especially appealing to me. Each 200ml jar typically retails for $60, but for IMATS, they were offering a deal where if you bought two, you would receive two extra full-size jars of the cream, plus two small travel-size jars. So, basically, four full-size jars and two travel-size jars of the cream for $120. Steph and I didn't even have to think twice about getting it. We decided to split it, so we each got two full-size jars and a travel-size jar of the stuff for $60. 

Naked Advanced Skin Cream by Naked Advanced Skin Solutions

As hard as I tried, though, I couldn't completely bypass make-up. It's IMATS, after all. But I do think I really controlled myself. We stopped by the MAC PRO booth, where all I bought was a Chromagraphic Pencil in NC15/NW20 (great for use in the waterline to brighten up the eyes instead of using white eyeliner), and then I stopped by the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics booth to pick up some Lip Tars for a couple of friends. Of course, once I saw the shades that my friends had requested, I was like, "Oooh, I want these, too!" OCC was selling them for $12.50 each as an IMATS special, and I figured it would be silly not to take advantage of it. So I picked up three shades:

OCC Lip Tar in Black Dahlia, Vintage, and NSFW

Did you go to IMATS this year? If so, what'd you end up getting?
6 comments on "Pick-Ups & Deliveries: November 2013 — IMATS Haul"
  1. i have NSFW and it doesn't get as much love as i thought i would give it. it's just /so/ red! they weren't kidding when they named it 'not safe for work'. i used it at xmas last year and the bf was like, 'uh...thats's sort of really red'
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm used to wearing bright colours, so for me, NSFW isn't all that 'out there,' you know? And since I'm a make-up artist, I don't think the whole 'NSFW' aspect of it applies to me, lol. :P

      Delete
  2. Never been to IMATS and I'm scared to, hahaha!

    I need to replace some of my brushes and get some decent ones. Those Hakuhodos look so pillowy soft! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, you should be, Liz! Gotta save up for IMATS, 'cause it's easy to go overboard there. :P

      The Hakuhodos are like MAGIC PUFFY CLOUDS, Liz. Definitely worth the splurge. I can actually feel the difference in quality in these. Like each individual strand was spun with unicorn hair (which I imagine is like the softest animal hair, ever). :)

      Delete
  3. I've never been to IMATS either but it's on my bucket list! Even more so now that I know Hakuhodo brushes are there! I WILL buy some one day…I think you did pretty well here Denise. And that cream sounds hella appealing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely visit Toronto for IMATS. It's in November every year. You could visit all the Toronto bloggers you know, too. ;)

      All I gotta say is, Hakuhodo is totally worth every penny.

      That cream is TOTALLY up your alley 'cause it's all-natural and you have eczema-prone skin! I'm so glad I stocked up on it, 'cause it retails for $60.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9