Rainbow Honey Nail Lacquer in Koi Pond

on
Wednesday, January 1, 2014
Happy New Year! I hope all of you had a wonderful New Year's, whether you were out partying or relaxing at home or whatever. My friend Josh was hosting our New Year's party at his house, and we had a big potluck dinner (my first one, ever, in fact) complete with a bacon-wrapped turkey, shepherd's pie, lasagna, chicken wings, pizza, mashed potatoes, fried chicken, and macaroni salad. Needless to say, it was the best thing, ever. We also did a '90s-themed Secret Santa Swap, wherein I brought Trouble, and ended up with a Tinkerbell lunch box filled with snacks (with childhood classics such as Dunk-A-Roos, Fruit by the Foot, Ring Pops, Rockets, Fruit Gushers, Pixy Sticks, and Pez — so basically, I totally scored). We did our midnight champagne toast watching the ball drop in Times Square on TV, and then proceeded to play a variety of random games which ended at 4:00am with an epic 15-person game of Cranium. A truly fantastic way to ring in the New Year, if you ask me.


And what better way to start the new year than with a nail polish post? (Um, probably many, but being the polish fiend I am, I just couldn't resist.) Today, I have another Rainbow Honey shade to show y'all. This was actually my New Year's "manicure," if you will, so I thought it was appropriate to show it today. This particular shade, Koi Pond, is actually from their Sakura Matsuri collection, which was meant to "invoke the feelings and emotions of this spring celebration." I'm not sure it actually makes me think of spring at all (maybe because we are in the dead of winter and it's -16°C outside), but it does makes me think of celebration without screaming "holiday," so I thought it was appropriate. And I just really wanted to wear more glitter.


Koi Pond is a clear base with teal, blue, silver, and red hexagonal glitter and round glitter. It has a slightly thicker consistency that is common with glitter polishes, but it doesn't hinder the application. It goes on smoothly and evenly, without any pulling, bubbling, or streaking. Due to the clear base, it does not fully reach opacity, and is therefore recommended to use as a layering polish (in the photo above, I've layered it on top of Rainbow Honey's Sapphire Weapon). I can't think of any dupes for this. I just wanted to point out that this polish is so glitter-packed that you really won't need more than one coat of it to cover the entire nail bed with glitter (I've only used one coat of Koi Pond in the photo above). I find the combination of glitters in this polish to be really unique, actually; it's as if Jackson Pollock decided he wanted to evoke images of red and white koi fish swimming in algae-tinted waters... but on the nails. This seems to be a major crowd-pleaser, too, because I had about 12 people yesterday ask me what I was wearing on my nails. Definitely one of my favourites from Rainbow Honey, and a must-have for glitter fans.
9 comments on "Rainbow Honey Nail Lacquer in Koi Pond"
  1. Ooooooh. Ahhhhh. *__*


    Your NYE sounds fantastic - I love cozy nights like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, screw going out to clubs and shit, staying at a house is where it's at! And BOARD GAMES! :D

      Delete
  2. This is one coat????? CRAZY.

    Sounds like a great NYE! Let's meet up soon now that retail hell has ended!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're still in your glitter phase, you gotta check out Rainbow Honey and Hare Polish, for reals!

      Yes, please! I still haven't gotten my January schedule yet (it's kinda unbelievable as we are already in January) but will let you know ASAP!!!

      Delete
  3. It really does look like a koi pond! How cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - and love the Secret Santa theme! You're right, you totally hit the jackpot! Going to borrow the idea. :)

      Delete
    2. You should! It's such a fun game! I loved our '90s theme, too. I thought it was quite clever that someone decided put together a lunchbox full of our favourite childhood candies, too. Like, this would be the lunch of dreams as a kid. Imagine all the trades you could make...

      Delete
  4. this totally reminds of the children's story about the rainbow fish. what an aptly named color and perfect for a party :) you totally scored on the secret santa, but i'm always in favor of food related gifts lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in love with this polish! :) And super impressed Rainbow Honey's formulas as well!

      Haha, I'm always in favour of food, too, which is why I was like, "I hope no one steals my gift!!!" But no one else wanted to steal it, so I was like, "MORE CANDY FOR MEEEEE!" I was like, I can actually make use of my gift, but a Slinky? A yo-yo? A toy gun? It's like, five minutes of entertainment and then it'll sit somewhere at home gathering dust. :P

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9