MAC Sharon Osbourne: Refresh Mineralize Skinfinish Duo

on
Saturday, June 14, 2014

This past Thursday, MAC released their collaboration with Sharon and Kelly Osbourne. The collection is separated into two parts, one for Sharon and one for Kelly. The entire collection features a total of 26 products — 13 products for each Sharon and Kelly — of which 19 are new and limited edition, four are re-promotes, and three are permanent. Sharon Osbourne will see the release of one new and limited edition Mineralize Skinfinish Duo. It is described as "two luxurious formulas in one compact... a luxurious velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish and Mineralize Bronzer... Adds buffed-up highlights to cheeks and brows, or an overall polish to the face. " It comes in a special edition red compact with a clear lid and Sharon's signature in lavender, as well as a matching secondary cardstock box. Each Mineralize Skinfinish Duo contains 10 grams of product, and retails for $38.50. 

Refresh

Refresh (Bronzer, Skinfinish, Bronzer and Skinfinish blended)

Refresh Bronzer is a medium warm peachy tan with yellow undertones in a satin finish. This is a new and limited edition shade. It has a soft, velvety texture, and goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It can be layered and blended out easily. It is more yellow-toned than Give Me Sun! Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, more orange than Medium Tan Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, and darker and more orange than Medium Golden Mineralize Skinfinish Natural.

Refresh Skinfinish is a light warm peachy champagne in a frosted finish. This is a new and limited edition shade. It has a soft, silky texture, and goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It can be layered and blended out easily. It is slightly darker and more golden than Soft and Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish, and more peach than Global Glow Mineralize Skinfinish.

This actually surprised me by being an incredibly flattering Mineralize Skinfinish product. I find that Skinfinish Duos usually have one shade that is much more wearable than the other, but I find both shades in this one to be very complementary. The bronzing shade adds a natural warmth to almost all skintones (even fair skintones can use this because it's so blendable, and darker skintones can use it as a finishing powder or even as a subtle highlighting shade for deep dark skintones) without being too orange, and the highlighter works beautifully on medium to deep dark skintones (fairer skintones may find it too dark to be used as a highlighter, but it should work well to add a nice all-over glow). I included a swatch of them blended together (which creates a soft golden peach shade) because it can be used as a lovely shimmery blush, too. A truly beautiful product for adding warmth and dimension to the skin.
6 comments on "MAC Sharon Osbourne: Refresh Mineralize Skinfinish Duo"
  1. I was expecting to give the Osbornes a total pass but these Mineralize powders are getting to me. BUT fall makeup collections are on the horizon and I like hauling a lot in the fall to prepare for the long ass winters here... so, sadly no go although I agree that the mixed (or even unmixed) shades are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think this is really a must-have (though certainly great to have!) but it is truly beautiful in execution. I actually didn't know if I would care for the MSFs from this collection but once I started using this one, I was hooked. I use it everyday now, lol.

      And that's fair -- Fall collections are miiiiighty fine. You know me, though, I haul ALL YEAR ROUND, LOL. I do think that MAC has been launching some great stuff this season, though!

      Delete
  2. Oh man, I have a ton of catching up to do on your blog. Look for comments on posts from months ago lol. Can't wait to read your NYC posts. This is a very pretty Mineralize Skinfinish, but I'm relieved I don't feel like I HAVE to have it! As an aside, I've always felt the product name should be "Mineralized Skinfinish."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looool, no worries -- take your time catching up. ;)

      And no, this is not really a must-have, it's just really pretty, lol. Not a lot of MSFs are must-haves, IMO. I have enough of them to last like, 57 lifetimes. :P

      Haha, a lot of people do say "Mineralized," but "Mineralize" is just the name of their mineral range. :)

      Delete
  3. OOOOH this one is really pretty! I like the color much more than I thought I would based on the pan. Still, as Liz said - fall's coming up :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, my favourite collections are usually for fall, but MAC's been hitting it out of the park this summer. But you know I splurge on ALL THE THINGS regardless of season. :P

      The MSFs are beautiful, but if you're gonna spend monies on this collection, you should get the blushes and eyeshadow quads. :P

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9