Saturday Nine: Bubbly (2007)

on
Saturday, July 18, 2015
This week's Saturday Nine:
  1. Singer Colbie Caillat says this song was inspired by a trip to "the beach and having a wonderful day with a person you like." Have you been to the beach yet this summer? Nope. And I don't intend to, either. Not a big beach person. Not a big summer person, really.

  2. Are you careful about applying sunscreen? Not on my body because I'm covered up pretty much all year round and don't really stay out in the sun (I don't like heat, and I wear black like, 99% of the time), but I'm pretty good about applying sunscreen on my face. I'm using MAC's original Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50 as my primer right now, and just picked up Shiseido's Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector SPF 42 (ultra-light, matte finish, and smoothes out skin texture — might be my new holy grail sunscreen/primer).

  3. Colbie made her TV debut in a 2009 episode of Saturday Night Live. Are you a big SNL fan? I used to watch it a lot when I was younger (the days of Will Ferrell and Tina Fey), when I actually watched TV and stayed in on Saturday nights. But I haven't watched an episode in a long, long time. Like, over a decade. I'll watch clips of it here and there on YouTube (and usually for a musical performance), but that's pretty much it.

  4. "Bubbly" is often a synonym for champagne. When's the last time you enjoyed a glass of bubbly? I can't remember. I might have had a sip or two a couple New Year's ago, but I don't drink alcohol for the most part.

  5. Colbie sang the National Anthem at the third game of the Red Sox/Cardinals World Series in 2013. How is your favourite baseball team doing so far this season? I don't follow sports at all, let alone baseball. I find it to be one of the most tedious sports to watch. I've been told that it's really interesting once I pay attention to details... but good luck getting me to care first.

  6. In 2005, Ms. Caillat tried out for Season 4 of American Idol but was eliminated very early in the process, before she could even audition for Simon, Paula and Randy. The winner that year was Carrie Underwood. Are you a Carrie Underwood fan? I'm pretty indifferent to her. Her songs are catchy (at least, the ones I've heard) and I can see her appeal, but I won't go out of my way to listen to her or buy her albums.

  7. In 2007, when "Bubbly" was popular, actress Yvonne De Carlo died. She was best known as Lily on The Munsters. If you had to choose (and yes, this Saturday you have to), would you rather hang out with Lily Munster or Morticia Addams? I actually wasn't familiar with The Munsters until I looked it up for this question, but now that I've read about it, I think I'd still rather hang out with Morticia Addams. She's sharp, subtle, and witty.

  8. In 2007, MySpace was faced with a serious challenge from Facebook, and it's obvious which social network won. Did you have a MySpace account? If so, do you still post to it? Yep. No shame. It was the social networking site in the early- to mid-2000s. But I haven't used it in years (since I got Facebook in 2005, incidentally). I don't know if it's been deactivated yet.

  9. Random question: Which have you had longer, your ironing board or your plunger? Probably the ironing board, but I've actually never used the ironing board for actual ironing. I've used it more as a table to fold my clean clothes on. 
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9