Saturday Nine: Little Red Corvette (1983)

on
Saturday, April 23, 2016
This week's Saturday Nine:


(Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.)


In memory of Prince (1958 - 2016)

  1. The subject of this song is frankly sexual. Do you blush easily? Nah. I'm a pretty candid person in general.

  2. Prince was his real first name (Prince Rogers, to be exact). Growing up, his relatives called him "Skipper." Do you have any nicknames within your family? Not really. I mean, my parents and my brother call me "Mui," which means "little sister" in Cantonese (I'm the baby of the family), but I don't really consider it a nickname; it's more of a title.

  3. Prince said he was "obsessed" with Mozart and read whatever he can find about the composer. What's the last book you read? Winter by Marissa Meyer.

  4. Between Prince and The Beach Boys, the Corvette is a much sung-about car. Tell us about your vehicle. It's a dark grey 2012 Volkswagen Golf.

  5. In the 1980s, when Prince was popular, MTV could turn a song into a hit. In 2016, where do you hear new music? Usually YouTube, but sometimes I'll hear a great song (like in a store or on a TV show) and I'll Shazam it and find new artists that way.

  6. In 1982, when "Little Red Corvette" ruled the airwaves, Braniff Airways shocked the travel industry and threw passengers into chaos by declaring bankruptcy. When did you last fly? Did your trip go smoothly? Last September, from New York. And yes, it did. One of the few times in recent memory that my flight to or from NYC didn't have a delay.

  7. 1982 is also the year Disney opened Epcot. Have you ever been to a Disney park? Yes, Disney World in Orlando twice, Disney Land in Los Angeles once, and Disney Land in Tokyo once.

  8. 1982 is the year Cheers premiered. The sitcom was set in a bar where "everybody knows your name." Tell us about your favourite local bar or restaurant. I don't have a favourite bar because I don't often frequent them (I don't drink), but I'd say my most recent favourite local restaurant is Inspire.

  9. The 1980s were considered a highpoint in professional tennis, with Jimmy Connors and John McEnroe dominating the sport. Do you play tennis? Nope. There was a very short period in my life where I tried getting into tennis, but suffice it to say, I was terrible at it and never continued playing.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9