Saturday Nine: You're Beautiful (2005)

on
Saturday, April 16, 2016
This week's Saturday Nine:


(Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.)


  1. The first line is of this song is, "My life is brilliant." Using one word, describe your life. Blessed.

  2. This is about a chance encounter between strangers in a crowd, specifically the subway. What "crowded place" were you most recently in? Vaughan Mills, last Saturday. It was fucking mayhem.

  3. Near the very end of this song, James Blunt sings, "It's time to face the truth." Do you believe you face things head on? Or do you tend to deny or put off the unpleasant? Face things head on. If I put things off, I keep thinking about them or overanalyzing them until it drives me crazy. So I just confront things right away.

  4. James Blunt went to an all-boys school. Some educators recommend single-sex classrooms because they maintain girls just naturally approach subjects like math and science differently than boys do. Do you agree? Yes. I went to an all-girls school and my brother went to an all-boys school, and though we learned a lot of the same material, each subject was taught very differently and we approached them very differently. I remember asking my brother to help edit my English essay in Grade 11 for a book that he had already read, and though he was a straight-A, 4.0 GPA student at his school, that essay was the worst grade I got in English, ever (English was my best academic subject).

  5. Blunt put his father in charge of his finances. Income taxes are top of mind for many of us this time of year. Do you do your own taxes? Or do you go to an accountant or tax preparation service? I give my T4 to my mom and she gives it to her accountant so both of our taxes are done at the same time.

  6. In 2005, the year this song was a hit, the sitcom How I Met Your Mother was also popular.  Do you know how your parents met? Through my aunt and uncle (my mom's older brother married my dad's older sister). But I have no idea how those two met.

  7. 2005 is also the year Tom Cruise famously jumped on a sofa. Do you remember where he did this? On Oprah. I remember it pretty vividly because it was all over the news that Tom Cruise had officially gone bonkers.

  8. 2005 was also the year YouTube really took off. What's the last video you watched?



  9. Random question... Which of these high profile jobs would you enjoy more: head of General Motors, CEO of Apple or president of the New York Yankees? CEO of Apple because I just don't care about GM or the Yankees.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9