NYC — Spring 2016: Wolfgang's Steakhouse

on
Sunday, May 15, 2016
For anyone who's been following my NYC adventures for the past few years, you'll know all about my love for Wolfgang's Steakhouse. It's one of the few restaurants that I will go to again and again and again for the perfect, quintessential New York steak. My brother had originally made reservations at a Brazilian steakhouse (a.k.a. all you can eat meat) for our Friday night dinner, but we decided that it wouldn't be worth it for us since my parents can't eat that much, and we can get it any time here in Toronto. Plus, we all agreed that we can't come to New York and not get a classic New York steak. So he managed to get us a last-minute reservation at the Tribeca location of his favourite steakhouse, Wolfgang's.

Wolfgang's Salad and Mixed Green Salad

Porterhouse for Three

Porterhouse steak with sides of creamed spinach, broccoli, and mushrooms

Instead of our usual mozzarella and beefsteak tomato salad (which is excellent and I definitely recommend), we decided to mix it up and get the Wolfgang's Salad, which includes chopped Canadian bacon (to die for), chunks of plump jumbo shrimp, diced tomatoes, red peppers, and green onions in a lettuce bowl — the perfect salad for those who don't like frou-frou salads (a.k.a. me), and the only salad I've ever eaten that was well worth the price ($13.95). We also ordered two slices of their extra thick sizzling Canadian bacon; it's not pictured here because they had already cut it into four portions for us and it wasn't that photogenic, but you gotta believe me when I say it's a must-order, even when you have a massive slab of steak coming. You can read my past posts of my visits to Wolfgang's to read more in-depth reviews and see more photos of their food, but all you gotta know is that Wolfgang's makes the most perfect steak I have ever had. Truly, I haven't had a steak so far that can compare to the porterhouse at Wolfgang's.

Oh, and I gotta mention that the Tribeca location is far, far friendlier than their Park Avenue one, whose servers I can only describe as gruff at best and pretentious douche bags at worst. Our server at the Tribeca location was so sweet, so informative, and had great humour, and made sure we had everything we needed to have the perfect meal, and I honestly cannot recommend this location enough.


Wolfgang's Steakhouse
409 Greenwich Street
New York, NY 10013
(212) 925-0350
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9