Saturday Nine: Johnny Angel (1962)

on
Saturday, February 18, 2017
This week's Saturday Nine:


  1. In this song, a girl sings that she'd rather spend a quiet evening at home than go out on a date. How about you? Do you enjoy quiet time? Or do you prefer keeping a busy calendar? I went out all the time when I was younger, but these days, solitude always wins. I think because I have a job that requires me to be extroverted all the time, it makes me relish being alone even more. Don't get me wrong, I still go out once or twice a week for dinner with friends, but I make sure to plan them after work so I'm already in social mode. It takes a lot for me to actually want to get out of my pajamas on my days off.

  2. She dreams of how her life with Johnny would be. What did you most recently daydream about? All the things I would do if I won the lottery.

  3. Shelley never considered herself a singer and is more comfortable acting. A co-star on The Donna Reed Show, she was pressured to make this record by the show's producer, who wanted extra exposure for the show by having this song on the radio. Tell us about a time you ventured outside your comfort zone. Last week, when I went for breakfast with my mom without a stitch of makeup and my glasses on. It sounds ridiculous and a little sad, but makeup has become my armour so I don't like going out without it. Although I find that I'm caring a bit less as I get older.

  4. Elvis said she was his favourite leading lady, and she appeared with him in three films. What qualities do you appreciate in a co-worker? Sense of responsibility, sense of teamwork, discipline, and integrity.

  5. She met her close friend and fellow teen star Annette Funicello when they were 12 and attended the same Catechism class. What do you recall from your middle school years? Middle school was a funny time for me because it began with me trying to figure out how to fit in and then realizing that I didn't really care to fit in. Grade 7 was all about Backstreet Boys, Beanie Babies, butterfly clips, and Skechers platform sneakers. And then Grade 8 was all about nu-metal, rock concerts, baggy pants, and the beginnings of teenage angst. But it was during middle school that my love of reading really started. It was when I discovered Harry Potter, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and The Catcher in the Rye. So I will always appreciate that time in my life.

  6. After The Donna Reed Show, Shelly went on to a recurring role on One Day at a Time and was twice nominated for an Emmy for her work on Coach. Her husband is Mike Farrell, who played BJ on M*A*S*H. Which of those four sitcoms would you enjoy binge watching? I've never actually watched any of those shows, but I'd probably pick One Day at a Time.

  7. In 1962, the year this song was popular, is also the year Jack Nicklaus began his successful pro golf career. Do you enjoy playing golf? Watching it on TV? No, and no. Even the thought of watching golf on TV is tedious.

  8. A 2013 study said most Americans will have 12 romantic relationships in their lifetime. Does this mean you've had more or less than your share? Less, but I'm also not American and my lifetime has only consisted of 30 years so far.

  9. It's closing time at the mall and you find yourself accidentally locked in a toy store. You call the police and they say someone will be there in about half an hour to rescue you. While you wait, will you play with any toys? (If so, which ones?) Yeah, I'd totally play Guitar Hero. (They still have it at Toys "R" Us.) 
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9