Friday Five: Gimme One Reason

on
Friday, April 7, 2017
This week's Friday Five:
  1. What makes you unreasonably irritated? People cutting in line. Like, I get irrationally mad about it.

  2. What are you unreasonably particular about? I don't think I'm necessarily unreasonable about it, but I am particular about the way my skincare products are lined up in my bathroom cabinet. They're separated by day and night products, and then they have to go in order of the way products are applied to my face (softening lotion/toner, essence, serum, moisturizer). I'm also particular about where makeup brushes go in my brush belt at work. Like, each type of brush has its separate sleeve, and I organize my belt the same way every day.

  3. What's something that's unreasonably complicated? Because it's tax season right now, I'm gonna say taxes. I honestly don't know anything about it, other than I get a form from my employer and there's deductibles for random things like pension contributions, but I don't know how they calculate how much money I give or get back. I just give all my files to my accountant and have her take care of it, 'cause I take one look at these forms and I'm like, "Nooooo, thanks."

  4. What are the best reasons for working in your field? Being creative, inspiring others and getting inspired, and making other people look better and feel better. A lot of people look at the makeup industry as very superficial and vain — and to a certain extent, it is — but when I get a client telling me how much more confident they feel because of how I've made them look, it's the best feeling in the world.

  5. What are some good reasons for the most recent silly purchase you made? I recently bought a bunch of rom-com DVDs from Amazon 'cause they were on sale for $5. I didn't need them and I've already watched the majority of them, but they're the kind of movies that are mindlessly enjoyable when you need a pick-me-up and have good re-watch value. A lot of excellent movies with amazing acting and writing are the kind that I wouldn't watch again (e.g. Inception, The Wolf of Wall Street, The Big Short, etc.) or have to be in a serious mood to watch again (e.g. American History X, The Shawshank Redemption, Requiem for a Dream, etc.). But movies like The Duff, Josie and the Pussycats, Coyote Ugly, and Step Up? They're fluffy and don't require a lot of thought, so I always choose to watch those when I just want to be entertained.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9