Friday Five: Don't Go There

on
Friday, June 23, 2017
This week's Friday Five:
  1. Where were you forbidden (or too frightened) to go when you were growing up, and why? Even as kids, my brother and I knew better than to go to really dangerous places by ourselves (like the ghetto, where we could be mugged or kidnapped). So we weren't necessarily forbidden to go anywhere because my parents knew we had common sense, but I've always been too scared to go into dark, dense forests. When I was really young, it was because I was scared of bugs and animals attacking me (actually, this still holds true), and then after I watched It when I was 10, it was because I thought an evil clown would find me and eat me in there, and then after I read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone when I was 11, it was because I thought Voldemort would find me in there. Either way, I had no business going into a dark forest, and I still don't to this day.

    My parents did, however, forbid me from going to concerts on school nights until I was in Grade 11. I remember being so pissed that they wouldn't let me go to a Thursday show at The Opera House when I was in Grade 10 because it was on a week night. I remember being so melodramatic about it, too, like, "They'll never come back here again! You're ruining my life!" Of course, I did end up seeing them five or six times, and met them twice. So, yeah. Teenagers.

  2. What's the naughtiest thing you've done in the past couple of years? Honestly, not a lot. Maybe download a movie illegally? I'm pretty low-key and boring these days. I got that reckless, impulsive, devil-may-care attitude out of my system in my mid-20s. My late 20s to now is just about being responsible because, you know, adulting.

  3. Under what circumstances have you gone into a place you knew you weren't supposed to enter? When I was in middle school, I may have snuck into another movie theatre to watch a second movie after only paying for one. Obviously, I was a badass.

  4. Which aisle in your supermarket do you just about never go down? The one with pet food. Because I don't have pets. And also the one with baby supplies. Because I don't have babies.

  5. Not counting traffic situations, when did you last willfully disobey something you read on a sign? Smoking by a non-smoking sign. But I do this all the time, because there are non-smoking signs pretty much everywhere these days.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9