Friday Five: Five of Whatever

on
Friday, August 25, 2017
This week's Friday Five:
  1. How tidy are your kitchen cabinets? Pretty tidy. At the very least, I know where everything is and that's what really counts.

  2. What's an art project you did in school that you remember fondly? I re-created Man Ray's Glass Tears for an assignment in my photography class in Grade 12 (back in those 35mm days, when you had no idea how a photo would turn out until you developed the film in the dark room — way more tedious but also far more rewarding than digital photography, in my opinion). My cousin Janetta was my model and it was so ideal to re-create the look on her because she has long lashes and big eyes and had no eyebrows back then. I remember using a shit ton of mascara to clump up the lashes to look like spider's legs, and globs of MAC's clear Lipglass to create the tears. I got an A+ on that project, and I still have it framed.

  3. What's the best thing you ate on your most recent trip? My most recent trip was to my friend Chelsea's cottage in Haliburton over the Civic Holiday long weekend, and despite eating a lot of good food, I'd say the best thing I ate was the breakfast we had at Wintergreen Maple Syrup and Pancake Barn. We had all ordered the "Combo," which consists of a massive pancake (fluffy, moist, and perfectly golden), a piece of French toast made with their homemade bread (my personal fave), and two savoury farmer's sausages with their signature maple syrup. Yummmm.

  4. What's the dumbest non-political thing you've seen lately? People looking at the eclipse on Monday with no eye protection whatsoever, let alone eclipse glasses. Especially given that it was a partial eclipse here. They're just gonna see spots from burning holes in their corneas if they didn't go blind. On another note, this question really made me think because the dumbest things I've seen recently have all been political.

  5. What's something in your home that's lasted longer than you expected? A portable Sony stereo that my parents bought me in Grade 6 (1997). It has a double tape deck and a CD player and I thought it was so badass. I was cleaning out some old stuff with my mom a couple months ago and found some mixed tapes that my friend made me of some hardcore bands she wanted me to check out in like, 2000 (it was really expensive to make mixed CDs at the time, so we still made tapes). I wanted to see if the tapes were still in working condition so I used the tape deck in that portable stereo that I hadn't used in well over 15 years, and it still works perfectly!
2 comments on "Friday Five: Five of Whatever"
  1. I went with unprotected eclipse-gawking as well. :i

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I just don't know what people expected other than full-on cornea burning without eclipse glasses. Like, it's no different from looking at the sun on a regular basis -- you're not gonna look straight into it without eye protection.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9