Friday Five: Makin' It

on
Friday, November 17, 2017
This week's Friday Five:
  1. What skill seems like it would be really fun to learn? Cosmetics engineering. I think it'd be really cool to actually create makeup. One of my mom's oldest friends (they moved to Canada together from Hong Kong back in the early '70s) is a chemical engineer and was the head of Research & Development for MAC Cosmetics (she invented a multitude of best-selling products, including their Wipes!) until she retired a couple years ago. It just seems like she had such a cool job. I want to learn the process of putting together ingredients to create a cohesive, marketable cosmetic product.

  2. Which of the winter Olympic sports would you love to compete in? Luge! I'm not a sports person and I don't know if I'd be any good at it, but it seems like so much fun.

  3. What fun craft did you make when you were a kid, in school or at camp or somewhere else? Gimp knotting. I first learned how to do it at summer camp when I was 6 or 7 and got obsessed with it. I made dozens, possibly hundreds, of gimp bracelets and keychains throughout my childhood. I moved on to cotton embroidery floss as I got older, so that I was a pro friendship bracelet maker by the time I was 10. 'Cause this is the shit we learned to do before the Internet.

  4. If everyone in the world is the best in the world at some very specific thing, what are you most likely the best at? Wikipedia marathoning. That is, continuous reading of Wikipedia pages. For hours and hours.

  5. What's something you own that was handmade by someone you know? A scarf my grandma knit for me when I was a child.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9