Photolog 2018: Day 54 of 365

on
Friday, February 23, 2018

Out of excitement and impatience, I had ordered the unofficial BT21 42cm cushions back in December before the official ones were released, and shortly thereafter, I really regretted not waiting for the official ones because I'm someone who appreciates authenticity. (It's the same reason I will never buy counterfeit designer bags. I'd rather save up to get the real shit.) Also because it took an entire month for that order to arrive (I guess this is what "free worldwide shipping" entails). So I decided to get the 30cm cushions from an authentic seller on eBay. They arrived today (despite paying a fairly hefty shipping fee, they got here within a few business days), and I could immediately see the vast differences between the "official" and "unofficial" merch. Firstly (and most importantly for collectors), the official ones always come with tags featuring the official holographic sticker, and are fully sealed (so you have to actually tear the seal to get to the product). Secondly, the official cushions come in matching character dust bags. (A nice touch that I wasn't expecting.) Thirdly, the cushions look exactly like their cartoon counterparts, as they are supposed to. I've noticed that the unofficial ones have something a little off about them — the colour of the fabric, the features are a different size than the original character, the placement of the features is out of proportion, etc. I will still use the 42cm ones as couch cushions when I move later on this year, but if there's one thing I learned from this, it's that it's always worth the higher price tag to get the authentic merch.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9