Saturday Nine: Last Night a DJ Saved My Life! (1982)

on
Saturday, May 19, 2018
This week's Saturday Nine:

You can hear this week's song here.
  1. This song is about a girl who is heartbroken about a boy who won't take her calls. Do you screen your calls, deciding to let some go to voicemail? Or do you pick up whenever you possibly can? (We're referring to calls from people you know.) I generally pick up when I can, but it mostly depends on what I'm doing at the moment of the call. If I'm at work and see my phone light up, I never pick up. Or if I'm watching something that I really want to pay attention to, I also don't pick up. But I'm good about returning calls. That having been said, most people text me these days rather than call.

  2. When she was feeling her lowest, she heard a song on the radio that lifted her spirits. What's the last thing you heard on the radio? I don't listen to the radio. But I'm currently listening to BTS' "Paradise" on iTunes. (I've been playing Love Yourself: Tear on repeat since it came out on Friday. Obviously.)

  3. This song includes the sound of squeaky wheels, indicating a sudden stop and perhaps a near-miss. Tell us about your most recent traffic mishap. I did cut someone off on the highway out of spite a few days ago, but nothing else to report, really.

  4. "Last Night a DJ Saved My Life!" is featured in the 2002 video game, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Do you spend much time on video games? Not recently, but there is the odd occasion where I'll play The Sims 4 for like, 12 consecutive hours. 'Cause if I'm gonna game, I'm gonna game hard.

  5. This week's featured artist, Indeep, was a trio. We've had many groups, some duos and tons of solo artists on Saturday 9, but not many trios. Can you name another popular trio? Nirvana, Paramore, CHVRCHES, Blink-182, Green Day, Beastie Boys, Muse, TLC, Destiny's Child, Hanson...

  6. The last time Indeep performed together was in 1997, at a New Year's Eve show in Paris for French TV. Have you celebrated a holiday in another land? When I was 8, we were in Hong Kong for New Year's.

  7. Britain's Royal Family is in the news this weekend, with attention centered on the nuptials. The Royals made news in 1982, as well. When this song was popular, Michael Fagan gained momentary fame by breaking into Buckingham Palace. He found The Royal Bedroom, where he came face-to-face with the Queen. He reports that Queen Elizabeth sleeps in a nightie that "reached down to her knees." What did you wear to bed last night? A pair of Uniqlo drape pants and my BT21 Tata & Mang tee.

  8. In 1982, you could buy a loaf of white bread for 50¢. Today, the national average price for that loaf of bread is more than $2.50. When you go grocery shopping, do you comparison shop and make purchases at more than one store? Or do you prefer one-stop shopping? It's usually one-stop shopping unless I'm looking for something specific. For example, if Foody Mart doesn't have the specific Asian snack I'm looking for, I'll head over to T&T.

  9. Random question: What's the first famous quote that comes to your mind? "We accept the love we think we deserve." (From The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9