A-England Nail Varnish in Saint George

on
Wednesday, March 21, 2012

After having used Dragon last week, you know I had to try another A-England polish. I had bought four from Llarowe, and I had a serious debate as to which shade to try next. (First world problems.) However, knowing my affinity for blues, you know I picked Saint George.


Saint George is a dark green-teal with fine holographic shimmer, so it will flash more teal in one angle and more green in another. Even though it's not as cool as dragon scales, the effect of this polish is just as dazzling as Dragon. Every brand has done a dark teal shade, so Saint George might not seem so unique at first, but the it's the holographic shimmer that really makes this polish truly stunning. And if I thought the formula on Dragon was just a one-off, I was totally wrong; Saint George is just as phenomenal. That is, it applies smoothly and evenly with no streaking, pulling, or bubbling, and it is so pigmented that it will literally go opaque in one medium coat. I sense an A-England binge coming on, guys.
14 comments on "A-England Nail Varnish in Saint George"
  1. Ive never heard of this brand and you're doing such an amazing job making me WANT one (or all of them!) Seriously, brands should send you to PARIS (lol) and send you free stuff to "review".

    LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Paris?! Haha, that's so random! But hey, I totally wouldn't complain...

      But, yeah, these polishes really are worth getting. They definitely make my favourite formula so far.

      Delete
    2. Paris because remember I was telling you guys on twitter that Sigma sent youtubers to Paris JUST FOR FUN!!

      Delete
    3. LOL! I think I remember something about that... I know Leesha of xsparkage went to Paris for something. Maybe it was the Sigma thing. :P

      That having been said, I'm really intrigued by Sigma brushes right now. Everyone says they're phenomenal, and well worth it for the price. But I already have over 40 MAC brushes...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I KNOW, RIGHT? When I first saw swatches of these, I was like, "OMG. OMG. OMG. *hyperventilate* NEED. TO. ORDER."

      That's how I ended up with four bottles of A-England. :P

      Delete
  3. I have this too and I love it. The colour is just brilliant. I like how there's a blackish-base in it but when the sun shines on it, it's even more beautiful. I'm going to get another bottle towards winter this year so when I'm moody I can paint this colour on and combat the weather :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, soooo gorgeous. The only thing that I can complain about is that A-England needs to make brighter, more summer-friendly shades. I feel like most of the Legends shades are more fall/winter. It feels weird to be wearing such dark colours this time of year. :P

      Delete
    2. True..that's why I haven't been wearing my A-England ones lately. I think all the polishes have a bit of a dark, edgy feeling to them. But you could get Order of The Garter - that's definitely bright enough for Summer.

      Oh wait, maybe I shouldn't enable you.. *COUGH*

      Delete
    3. I think I said this to you on Twitter already, but YOU ARE EVIL AND A HALF.

      That being said... I am totally putting in another A-England order tomorrow. :X

      Delete
  4. I love the look of St. George! I like it better than Dragon although Dragon seems to be more unique. Why won't these people just take credit card like regular vendors???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree -- Dragon's gorgeous and more unique, but I definitely got more compliments on this one. :) And why don't you sign up for PayPal? It's the easiest thing. You can hook up your credit card to PayPal, so it's like paying with your credit card, but it's safer!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Oh, yes, you need some A-England in your life. You won't regret it. :)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9