MAC Archie's Girls: Powder Blushes

on
Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Tomorrow, MAC will be releasing its collaboration collection with Archie Comics, called Archie's Girls. As the name implies, this collection is inspired by Betty and Veronica and their "epic love triangle" with Archie. This collection "captures the legendary rivalry of sweet blonde Betty and vivacious brunette Veronica" with "two contrasting colour collections." This collection is comprised of 32 products — 24 of which are new and limited edition, two of which are re-promotes, and six of which are permanent — and five collectable accessories (which will only be available online and at MAC Stores). Archie's Girls sees the release of two new shades of Powder Blush, one for each Betty and Veronica. Each Powder Blush comes in a special edition glossy white compact featuring a comic-style design of either Betty or Veronica. They are packaged in special edition white glossy boxes featuring a comic-style design with the faces of Betty, Archie, and Veronica. Each Powder Blush contains 6 grams of product, and retails for $26.

Betty Powder Blush in Cream Soda

Veronica Powder Blush in Prom Princess

Cream Soda and Prom Princess

Cream Soda and Prom Princess

Cream Soda is a light-medium warm peach with subtle pink undertones in a Satin finish. This is a new and limited edition shade. The texture is soft, silky, and finely-milled, and it goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It can be layered and blended out easily. It is slightly lighter than Melba, more pinked than Peaches, and darker and brighter than Stay By Me Pro Longwear Blush.
Prom Princess is a medium-dark cool-toned berry pink in a Satin finish. This is a new and limited edition shade. The texture is soft, silky, and finely-milled, and it goes on smoothly and evenly. It has intense pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It can be layered and blended out easily. It is darker and more cool-toned than Dollymix, less bright than Rhubarb (PRO only), and lighter and more pink than Stubborn Pro Longwear Blush.

The formulas on both are phenomenal and apply beautifully. Cream Soda is on the lighter side, so it will work well as a soft blush for those with fair to medium skintones, but can start to look ashy on skintones that are medium-dark and darker. On the flip side, Prom Princess is a pretty intense shade, so I would recommend using a light hand to avoid clown-cheek syndrome (unless that is the look you are going for, in which case, go crazy!). It can look very, very bright on fairer skintones, but is a wonderful pink blush for those with darker skintones. It is ultimately very blendable, though, which is really nice for such a strong colour (a lot of brighter blushes can end up looking streaky and '80s-like because they don't blend out well). These blushes actually go very well with their Pearlmatte Face Powder counterparts, and look stunning layered on top of each other — Flatter Me will amplify and brighten up Cream Soda, whereas Veronica's Blush will subdue and illuminate Prom Princess. 
10 comments on "MAC Archie's Girls: Powder Blushes"
  1. OMMGGG OMG OMG OMG!!

    They are so pretttyyy!!! Cream Soda is super nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cream Soda is GORGEOUS. Like, I was really surprised at how beautiful it looks on skin because it looks really quite light in the pan... I had it on the yesterday, and a lady was like, "You look like morning!" LOL.

      Delete
    2. You look like morning???

      I. Cant. Even... LMAOOO

      Delete
    3. LOL, I know, right? I was like, "Errrr... what?"

      Delete
  2. I think I am the only person around that isn't really into the packaging of these at all!! It's actually deterring me from buying anything - which is good and bad, I suppose. I do like the look of Veronica's shade, but not enough to deal with the white packaging....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of indifferent to the packaging... I think it's cute, but not AMAZING. I actually quite like the white, though, and I guess MAC chose it to make the comic design pop. Again, though, if you're not a huge fan of Betty and Veronica, you can definitely find dupes for these within MAC's permanent range and save your money on the packaging. :)

      I might have been the only one that didn't LOVE the MAC x Hello Kitty packaging. :P

      Delete
  3. Weirdly, I'm not crazy about either of these! Take my blush whore card away! Cream Soda looks nice and all, but I guess I don't care if I look like morning or not, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I didn't even know what looking like morning meant, but the lady who said that to me said, "Like, fresh and young and bright!" So I guess it's a good thing, lol. 'Cause I know if she ACTUALLY saw me in the morning, she'd be like, "SHIIIIITTTTTT..."

      Cream Soda is gorgeous, for serious, though. Like, it's unreal how good it looks on the skin.

      But yeah, I might need to confiscate your blush whore card. WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU, LIZ?

      Delete
  4. Selfridges at London had it earlier than most of the shops (23rd Feb I think, officially in Europe) - but I have so many other things I'd like to get on my list, so I only got the Prom Princess blush. Wearing it today and I really like it. The rest of the items are a bit too light for me, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair enough -- I think this collection was just extremely hyped up because of the collaboration, which is why everything sold out so fast (at least in North America). I agree that a lot of the colours are meant to suit lighter skintones, but along with the blush you got (which I LOVE), I think the purple eyeshadow palette and a few of the lipstick and lip gloss shades are gorgeous on darker complexions. Still, the blush was a good choice if you only got one item. :)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9